Durability accross systems?

Hi

Currently use a hard gel to apply my own nails (with forms). Servicing my own hands takes SOOO much longer with this system and I also find that gel needs to be built up more for strength (as I now work in an office and they are under constant strain).

I have just done an acrylic set and they seem to be much stronger so can be slightly thinner, which, personally think looked more beautiful when I did them (attached for critique). Its speedier to apply but I loathe the mononer smell in my house!

So my question is before I consider any training, are the dual systems (Polygel /Acrygel) more comparable to the strength of gel or the acrylic? I was hoping this might be more time effective as system for self application?

Background for those who may ask:
NVQ Lvl 3 in beauty and nails 2008
Trained in gel application
No longer work in the industry

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Personally, I've used Gelii 4D, and PolyGel and a couple of cheapie brands, I find the new hybrids about the same as Gel for longevity. I like the lightness of the product when wearing it, I found I could do them thinner than normal Gel but still keep the durability but they feel 'soft' to me. I'm a former nail biter and 'test' products with my teeth unconsiously, most of the Hybrid products I could 'stretch' and 'bend' for a few days before they finally gave up and broke or lifted. I can't do either to L&P.

ciderella71

Personally, I've used Gelii 4D, and PolyGel and a couple of cheapie brands, I find the new hybrids about the same as Gel for longevity. I like the lightness of the product when wearing it, I found I could do them thinner than normal Gel but still keep the durability but they feel 'soft' to me. I'm a former nail biter and 'test' products with my teeth unconsiously, most of the Hybrid products I could 'stretch' and 'bend' for a few days before they finally gave up and broke or lifted. I can't do either to L&P.
I thought I was the only one who would do this! I like a little bite on the tip to test the strength too...

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
I thought I was the only one who would do this! I like a little bite on the tip to test the strength too...
Waaahhhh!! I thought it was only me. I love the feel of the hybrids on my teeth, all smooth and soft. I'm a freak, welcome to my world :p

I've just switched from acrylic to an acrygel on my own nails and I think I'm on my third infill now. Not had any issues with it and I'm pretty hard on my nails.

Alison, which system did you switch too?

Alison, which system did you switch too?
ikon.iQ Nails Polytek. Totally can’t fault it. Gardening, DIY, housework, renovating a classic boat... I never wear gloves (naughty I know!) and I have moderate extensions. Nothings broken, chipped, cracked or snapped so far!