Dyeing A Mohawk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousbeauty

Reaction score
Hi I Have Recently Got Into Dyeing Mohawks, It Is So Much Fun But I Need Help On One Mater, So Far I Have Been Dyeing One Colour Or Anything Up 2 6 Colours Going In Sections From Front To Back But I Would Love To Know How I Would Dye One In Different Colours Going From Root To Tip Like A Rainbow But I Cant Work Out How To Do This With Out Colours Bleeding Into Each Other As You Cant Put A Barrier Cream In Between Colours Or You Would End Up With None Coloured Stripes So The Only Thing I Can Think Of Would Be To Do One Colour Then Wash And Dry Then Put A Barrier Cream On And The Next Colour But This Would Be A Time Consuming Way Of Doing It Can Any One Tell Me If There Is Another Way Of Doing This Please

start with the darkest color at the base go to your next color, slight over lap ok, next and so on ending with your lightest-

Blue, then turquois, then green then yellow could go to orange then red and end on purple, just think about colors as they blend around the color wheel. Try not to over lap too far and make sure you have at least 1 inch the intended color in the middle so you have a proper fade.

I saw a guy once with the most amazing 'fire' effect mohawk, red into yellow on the ends. Really fancy doing something similar if I get mine redone.

With some patience a really good colourful effect looks amazing!

I saw a guy once with the most amazing 'fire' effect mohawk, red into yellow on the ends. Really fancy doing something similar if I get mine redone.

With some patience a really good colourful effect looks amazing!

THANKS FOR THE HELP.:) WILL TRY THAT WAY NEXT TIME. :eek:WHAT IF YOU WANT TO DO SOME THING THAT HAS CLEAN SHARP LINES LIKE THE PICTOUR BELOW THE OTHER PIC IS MY SECOND EVER MOHAWK WHAT YA THINK? ( DONT BE TO HARD AS THIS WAS B4 THE FINAL SHAVE AND DONE IN A PUB CARPARK, GRATE FUN.)

25054_medium.jpg

sam%202.JPG

Last edited:
It's ace! What colour brand did you use?
Can I ask why you type every single word with a capital letter, and no punctuation marks?! Very hard to read! Sorry!

It's ace! What colour brand did you use?
Can I ask why you type every single word with a capital letter, and no punctuation marks?! Very hard to read! Sorry!

I use crazy colour, hair dyes. Thanks for the feed back, and as to my typing, i forget to take caps of, and ther are comas and full stops just not in the right places always, sorry but i am dyslexic and think that i do remarkably well considering. sorry but you wernt to know that. :hug:

the pic you posted used the technique I described, the colors progress around the color wheel, that way your blend or over lap looks like it belongs.

Same can be done for the "flame" go from yellow to orange to red smudge the colors slightly and they will blend, keep your lines straight, no overlap and you'll have a crisper result.

thank you i will give it a go on friday when my mohawk freind visits will let yas know how i get on.

Latest posts

Back