Dying hair from 5.4 (Majirel copper brown to blue), best colour to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amyh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I really want to dye my hair blue like the pic below. My hair is currently a 5.4 (majirel copper brown) with some roots (natural 5-6).

Is there any way I can achieve this look (see pic below) without bleaching my hair first?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Amy

IMG-20200125-WA0007.jpg

Are you a qualified hairdresser?

A deep cobalt Blue is a difficult colour to achieve because of the natural yellow tones in the hair which will go green, if they aren’t properly neutralised.

Yes I qualified back in 2012 and haven't really done much colouring since as I didn't continue the trade.

What do you think would be the best way of doing it without it going green please?

I would start with a colour remover. Then you will need to lighten your hair to as light as you can get it. It's doubtful that a level 10 will be achieved. If you aim for a clean level 8 then tone with violet to completely neutralise any yellow. This will give you a clean, clear base to apply the blue. A semi permanent would be the best option for achieving that blue and it will make it easier to maintain.

I would start with a colour remover. Then you will need to lighten your hair to as light as you can get it. It's doubtful that a level 10 will be achieved. If you aim for a clean level 8 then tone with violet to completely neutralise any yellow. This will give you a clean, clear base to apply the blue. A semi permanent would be the best option for achieving that blue and it will make it easier to maintain.
Perfect thank you!

Latest posts

Back