dyshidrotic eczema - should I work with it???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soz

Reaction score
Hi guys - have been off the nail scene for a long time for various reasons including ill health and having a baby (now 18 months old!) but am now desperate to get back in the saddle so to speak. Have lost my confidence completely and have been finding it difficult to get myself back out there, however was recently approached by my son's school to have a stand at a forthcoming ladies pampering night. My immediate reaction was "arggggghhhh can't possibly do that!!!!!" but then gave it some thought and decided it was the kick up the whatsit I needed and so committed to it. However, now my hands and feet have errupted with a bout of dyshidrotic eczema (intensely itchy painful fluid filled blisters on palms and soles -GROSS!) and I'm wondering whether I should go ahead with it. I know it's not catching or anything but I'm just thinking about it from the client's point of view - ie would I want someone giving me a a mani with skanky hands??????

Has anyone else got this condition and if so what do you do about work and how do your clients react to it.

I'm thinking this is a 'sign' telling me to just give up on it altogether - whenever I start to get somewhere something happens to put the knockers on it all over again!

Latest posts

Back