Dyshidrotic Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
Has/does anyone suffer with this?!

I have a major outbreak on my fingers, palms and backs of hands and it's driving me crazy. The docs have diagnosed it as a result of an allergy to a fungal infection I have on my left palm - gross I know!! They've given me some cream, which isn't really doing much at the moment. It's eczema but in the form of blisters, which clump together to form big patches. They're sore and itchy and DISGUSTING LOOKING!! (do a google image search !!)

I'm awaiting skin test results to see if I need to be refered to a dermatologist. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything I can use/do to soothe the blisters.

:sad:

Other than using the cream they have prescribed i wouldn't do anything except maybe now and again immerse your hands in cold water to coole and sooth or maybe use a cold compress.

i have seen the pics hun and you must be really suffering. :hug: :hug:

Hi hun -I'm a big fan of sudo cream - you know the stuff for babies botts !!!
I'ts really good for most things and can be used for open sores etc
Hope it helps - you can only give it a go I suppose - its not expensive at all.
jayneym xx
ps I saw some of your work in scratch - the mosaic nails - fab - its nice to put a face to a name if you know what I mean !!!
You've got some great work in your gallery too - go girl!!!
Hope the problem with your hands isnt stopping your amazing work hun- hope you're well soon ! xx

Ah bless thankyou!!

I LOVE SUDOCREAM haha it smells lovely hahaha. I'll try some of that. I've been sitting about holding bags of frozen peas, blissful relief!!

a little aloe vera gel wouldnt hurt put some in the fridge then put it on cold before bed

ive found this, but dont know if it will be of any use to you, but you could always try

When your skin is red, dry and angry bring it some calm and restore your peace of mind with pure essential oils of lavender, German chamomile, neroli and infused oil of calendula &#8211; some of the most soothing oils to be found. Suitable for use on sensitive and inflamed skin, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis.

you poor darlin, are you still able to work ?

I do suffer from this time to time and to be honest the only thing that helps me is steroid cream prescribed. Its so damn itchy and the little blisters pop and its just gross, but I have tried loads of diff creams with no real avail Im afraid. Day to day in between outbreaks I use Dream Cream by Lush as its natural and that softens my hands nicely.

Aw thankyou. They hurt mostly at night, I can feel them swelling up!

I am working, only painting nails and doing full sets, infills with gloves on though. I cannot do mani's and pedi's with gloves on to save my life so my managers excused me from doing them til it's cleared up, hurts too much!

aw hunnio.... ya hands still bad.....icthy hands are a nitemare.... im guessing u tried hc cream.... altho if they are weepy.... maybe not..... i know e45 do an itchy cream.... as in to help relieve itches... i cant remember the name tho........ sorry bit crap really.... fingers crossed it clears up soon :hug:

Jess
xox

hope it gets better soon for you hun xxx

I had very bad hands hairdressing caused this, keep using the cream perscribed as it takes a while to work if it doesnt start to clear go back to the docs i used to have a tar type stuff on mine at night and put socks over them looks strange but this helped me to stop scratchin night times are horrible really itch n sore also get some e45 wash which is great hth

juju said:
I had very bad hands hairdressing caused this, keep using the cream perscribed as it takes a while to work if it doesnt start to clear go back to the docs i used to have a tar type stuff on mine at night and put socks over them looks strange but this helped me to stop scratchin night times are horrible really itch n sore also get some e45 wash which is great hth

Great tip! Hands in socks! May look a little funny but it works to stop any itching! My dad is a builder and suffers soo badly with really dry, cracked and bleeding skin, its like a rhino's bottom! That thick, with big cracks that weep.

The only thing that has worked for him is Badger Balm - its expensive but works a treat, all herbal ingredients, he puts a thick layer on at night when they are really bad, and puts cotton gloves over them.

It must irritate you like mad hun, I hope you feel better soon x

Yay, they've gone down a bit, not so bumpy now!! Still hurts like a b**** but I'm reguarly putting the cream on and holding cold things! I've been wearing gloves since they came up, I'm a terrible scratcher, I have no willpower!!

Thanks for all your help girlies xx

dont wanna jump on your band wagon (so to speak) but right now (for the last 3 months, I have had the exact same thing.
I didnt go to the docs as I do suffer from excema, and have some cream for that.
It started out of the blue, on my left hand - palm, and down each finger. Feels like tingling, then kinda like pins and needles, starts to swell up big time. At the worst it felt like they were on fire. Little tinie blisters which all link up and swell. Then they go down, leaving it all wrinkly and itchy.... no sensation in the area.
When I thought about it, it was were the dust from filing collects (in left hand) and sticks along the fingers. Also on my middle right hand finger (where my brush balances). SO, I have put it down to being allergic to the l&p.
Changed over to Brisa and it's fine. Yesterday did an L&P set (with nitrell gloves on) and hands kept me awake ALL night again and are swelling up and killing me again.
I still thinks its the L&P, so check that out.
Good luck sweetie, it's a nightmare, cos you want nice hands to promote our business - not nice with skin falling off, looking like youve been burnt!
I must say, I do smoother them in Solar oil all the time and it really has helped so much.
xxxxxxx :hug: xxx

Heya

I don't think it is an allergy to L&P, reason being the rash has spread up my arms and even on my toes and feet...and I don't do nails with my feet lmao. I haven't got overlays on my toes either. Once it's settle properly down, I'm going to soak off my nails and apply one enhancement, see if it affects the skin, just to be on the safe side!!

You should go see your doc, the cream I was prescribed has settled them down now, it's still lumpy and itchy but looks and feels 10 times better.

xx

Hey, I get this too. I use betanovate steroid cream which works wonders. We've figured that L&P seems to kickstart mine. It doesn't mean I can't use it, just that I have to wear gloves. Silk and fibreglass systems don't affect me. I thought it was an allergy or contact dermatitis initially.

Hope you get better soon hon.

Pix
x

Fingertips ND said:
Other than using the cream they have prescribed i wouldn't do anything except maybe now and again immerse your hands in cold water to coole and sooth or maybe use a cold compress.

i have seen the pics hun and you must be really suffering. :hug: :hug:
try using stinging nettle in you bath water it work for my niece who has it very bad it comes in capsule form so you wil have to open the capsule in into your water about three of them

Latest posts

Back