Dyson hairdryer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Hey! Has anyone seen the new Dyson hairdryer? It's £300!! Sounds and looks good though. What matters more with hairdryers, the wattage or airflow? The new Dyson is 1600watt vs. my parlux 385 which is 2100, but airflow on the Dyson is 41litres per second compared to the parlux being 21. Thanks!

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting this but...Oh my days, I wonder if this will be any good?

[emoji23] I've just posted something similar, just seen it on YouTube. Can't wait to try it

[merged posts and thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
My boyfriends literally just shown me this!
Kinda wanna get my hands on it but not for 300 quid
Soundless guys!!
I think wattage is the heat produced I use a parlux 2100 at home but 3200 in salon and they are hotter.
Not sure on airflow, assuming that's how much air passes through the dryer per minute so surely affects speed? :S

Yes £300 is steep but my Dyson Hoover had a 5 year guarantee including part replacements etc so it was worth it in the end as they came out to fix it a few times too

I don't think it's soundless just much quieter, I wondered how long it would be till I saw this on here :rolleyes:

I don't think it's soundless just much quieter, I wondered how long it would be till I saw this on here :rolleyes:
I'm interested and excited about new products and Dyson are world leaders in new technology. Someone spending millions on research to create a design for a product that hairdressers use all day everyday should excite or at least interest you or I'd go as far as to say you're in the wrong job. We have a duty to keep up to date so our clients know that we are not getting stuck in a rut so your emoji leaves me a little confused, why the sneering face, or was that a typo?!

You get what you
Yes £300 is steep but my Dyson Hoover had a 5 year guarantee including part replacements etc so it was worth it in the end as they came out to fix it a few times too
very true! They do make damn good hoovers! Just gotta find £300 now though :')

I'm interested and excited about new products and Dyson are world leaders in new technology. Someone spending millions on research to create a design for a product that hairdressers use all day everyday should excite or at least interest you or I'd go as far as to say you're in the wrong job. We have a duty to keep up to date so our clients know that we are not getting stuck in a rut so your emoji leaves me a little confused, why the sneering face, or was that a typo?!
That's not a sneering face I love the product! I agree with everything u say, that was more like an eye roll because it had been ALL over my Facebook all day & no one had been talking about it on here

I'm a bit dubious to be honest, especially for £300.
(I've had 3 Dyson vacuum cleaners but now have a Miele which I much prefer.)

Presumably it will be demonstrated at the hair & beauty shows and in the warehouses before too long?

The nozzle doesn't look concentrated enough for me

My thoughts exactly........
I think the public will probably love it more than the professional......
That handle looks a tad long, and I'm not liking that nozzle......
It will probably be good for 'blasting', but not convinced it will work for a salon quality blow dry. :cool:

Last edited:
I thought that as the motor is in the handle and the actual spout part is so short it would be a little odd for us stylists to use after years of using one with a total opposite set up :/ I can't imagine the balance in holding it being the same as a regular dryer

I bet all the posh hotels will get them in. I can't see them taking off in the salon though!

I'm a beauty therapist so my opinion is personal.
I want one as soon as they are available ... I love everything James Dyson brings to the market ... he's a genius :)

I emailed them this morning to see if there is to be a professional version, just received a reply and they are expecting it to be available in July

I'm a beauty therapist so my opinion is personal.
I want one as soon as they are available ... I love everything James Dyson brings to the market ... he's a genius :)
I totally agree. I'm so excited that I've already called Dyson who are contacting me the day they launch in the UK (20th May they think).

I've just seen these today and watched a few videos to be honest they do look good for straightening and taming frizz but for body lift and movement it looks disappointing, most important tools to me is my scissors and dryer and I wouldn't pay £299 for a dryer I can get same results with my wella sahira it's just alot louder than Dyson,

So. My claim to fame. My uncle was lead mechanical engineer on this. Took them 4 years

I've just sent him this...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 89
So. My claim to fame. My uncle was lead mechanical engineer on this. Took them 4 years

I've just sent him this...
Wow! That's so cool! What dryer do you use now? Will you do a comparison if he does bring u one to try please :)

Latest posts

Back