e-file advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keston Nails

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a decent professional electric file to start with. I've seen good ones for about £300 but didn't want to spend that much until I build up my acrylic clients!
Looking to spend £60-£90.
Thanks in advance

Have you had the right training with one? As they are lethal

Have you had the right training with one? As they are lethal

Yes I have thanks. I'm not planning on using this on natural nails. Only to reduce time by thinning acrylic before removal/infills. I know they're lethal if not used correctly.

I only ask as normally when you train to use one they advise which ones to get?

I only ask as normally when you train to use one they advise which ones to get?
Tbh they advised to get one off amazon and the ones we trained with were rubbish! I've seen a couple I like but I'm scared to buy incase they're not good. X

There's a thread on here where they recommend the MT 20 Erica

The erica is about 5x your price limit.

You can't get a professional quality drill in your price range. The problem with cheap drills is that the vibration can cause injury to your hand/wrist/arm and can cause lifting issues for the client as the vibration loosens the product.

If you aren't doing back to back treatments you don't need an efile. When you have enough clients to need one you will have enough money to invest in a quality model ;)

Your training sounds like it left a lot to be desired... I know it's more expense. But it is best not to skimp on these things & I would personally get the branded training that comes with a quality efile when you are able to make the investment :)

The erica is about 5x your price limit.

You can't get a professional quality drill in your price range. The problem with cheap drills is that the vibration can cause injury to your hand/wrist/arm and can cause lifting issues for the client as the vibration loosens the product.

If you aren't doing back to back treatments you don't need an efile. When you have enough clients to need one you will have enough money to invest in a quality model ;)

Your training sounds like it left a lot to be desired... I know it's more expense. But it is best not to skimp on these things & I would personally get the branded training that comes with a quality efile when you are able to make the investment :)
Yes thank you. I trained years ago but have just gone back to it in the last year. I had lost my certificates so I did another nail tech course just to get my certificate. It did leave a lot to be desired but luckily I already had a lot of knowledge on it. If I had gone in as a complete beginner I wouldn't have learned much or really bad habits. It wasn't even cheap but I stayed as it was just convenient and fitted in with my schedule and I needed my certificate for insurance purposes. I got a 24+ loan. It was £2500. I know I could have probably done a much better course a lot cheaper but hey ho. We live and learn! I think I will save for a decent drill. Thank you x

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a decent professional electric file to start with. I've seen good ones for about £300 but didn't want to spend that much until I build up my acrylic clients!
Looking to spend £60-£90.
Thanks in advance
Yeah I have the MT20 Erica file and it's worth every penny..but like the girls have said,make sure you get the correct training because there are so many different heads for it xxx

Latest posts

Back