Quantcast
SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Tattooed beautician

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I havnt used an e-file in years as I usually prefer to hand file, but now am having serious repetitive strain problems with my wrists. Which is making me consider an e-file. But i dont feel confident enough to just use one as i have witnessed the damage they can cause in the wrong hands.
Can anyone recommend a good e-file course? Im from leeds and dont want to travel miles. And also can anyone recommend a good E-file that's not extortionate?

Thanks for any advice.
Also just to add i only really want to use the e-file for i fills and removal to remove bulk product. My application is already perfect so little filing is needed on new sets or freashly filled nails. I also get very little lift in sets that i have done but i am having to do sets by other techs and also buff off gel colours, this is for me where an e-file would come in helpful.

Beautiful-you

Reaction score
I use my e-file for the exact same reason you want to and it is really helping with reducing the pain I was getting.

I did my e-file training through INK London and I have their e-file, which is a Saeyang K38, which is so much better than the cheap generic one I had been using. I thought the cost of training was very reasonable and there were just 2 of us on the course which was good.

linzi

Reaction score
I was in a similar position to you both. I never thought I'd have an efile, but it's been an absolute god-send!

I trained through Hazel Dixon's academy. I trained in Essex, though I'm sure they have one a lot closer to you! My geography is quite rubbish though.

I also use a saeyang. I can never remember if it's the k35 or the k38, but it's the desk version. I really like it, but will go for the Kupa manipro next time.

Alison Pilkington-Child

Reaction score
I trained with Hazel Dixon's Academy too. It was excellent. Currently using an efile from TAFS which is essentially a Sayang K35 and it does me fine.

VintageEsmerelda

Reaction score
I did my E-File training with The Gel Bottle. They have their own drill but I use the Saeyang K38. If I didn't have a Saeyang I would probably get a Kupa Manipro.

Cindy2021

Reaction score
I trained with nsi and use mine every set. I couldn’t manage without it and did the training after I got a frozen shoulder.
I have a kupa and saeyang

Tattooed beautician

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I will have a look at these courses and see which one I can get to.

Tattooed beautician

Reaction score
Do people think the training is a must? Or that I would pick it back up again with use?

Beautiful-you

Reaction score
Did you do a course when you originally used an e-file in the past? If not, then yes I'd definitely recommend doing a course as you won't be covered on your insurance.
You mention you don't feel confident enough to just start using one again, so I think that probably gives you your answer. There are some really useful YouTube videos but nothing beats Hand on experience with an expert there to guide you.

linzi

Reaction score
Training is absolutely necessary. I'd probably have a refresher, even if you've already done it. I imagine you could maybe do a 121 with a local educator?

Latest posts