E-file training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly_Day_Dreamer.

Reaction score
So, I know im still a newbie so I wont be looking at E-Files just yet but I can totally see why people use them.

What are the benefits?

From what I can see you can perform a quicker service and I just think it looks like a more controlled way of filing? Am I right?

It is a quicker service but ideally your application should be good enough in time that it’s only a quick file is needed afterwards.
Efiles are great for removing product and I work with coloured powders so need to file back to a clear base at every appointment. I couldn’t do this with a hand file.
Not sure if it’s more controlled....my personal opinion is a hand file is. It’s quite daunting when you first use one and I still have days where if I’m really tired I’ll switch over to a hand file sooner than I usually would just to be safe. The efile can kick up if there’s lifting or you catch the tip etc abs clients don’t always sit as still as they should!

It is a quicker service but ideally your application should be good enough in time that it’s only a quick file is needed afterwards.
Efiles are great for removing product and I work with coloured powders so need to file back to a clear base at every appointment. I couldn’t do this with a hand file.
Not sure if it’s more controlled....my personal opinion is a hand file is. It’s quite daunting when you first use one and I still have days where if I’m really tired I’ll switch over to a hand file sooner than I usually would just to be safe. The efile can kick up if there’s lifting or you catch the tip etc abs clients don’t always sit as still as they should!
This is so true, the key and ultimate aim is to get better at my acrylic application. I dont think that my mix ratio is tooooo bad, its just my patting and pressing!
Thank you x

I use an e-file at prep and at infill when I remove the old product, but I finish file with a hand file because there's rarely much to file after I've applied the product. But when removing old product at infill I use an e-file, but this can really depend on your average customer too. A lot of my customers love encapsulated designs whether it's glitter or otherwise, and therefore removing it with an electric file is better for my soul and my shoulders.
And if you use coloured acrylic like Ciderella mentioned, then you definitely want an e-file.
The efile is also great for filing underneath the nail to cut in the C-Curve after several infills when it would normally start to disappear, and also for filing underneath to fix nails that grow downward. Also if you need to remove the nail underneath the nail to reduce lifting from free edge, it's perfect for that, but you have to have the correct bits and training for all efile situations.

The benefits of efile in those situations is to reduce the strain on your body. And doing infills every day is where the real benefit of an e-file comes in.
If I was doing only new sets, then I wouldn't need an e-file at all. But I never do new sets, only infills, so an e-file is invaluable.

Latest posts

Back