E Files - Your views and assistance please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsCools

Reaction score
Hello there

I am considering buying an e-file and would love your views on the following if you have some spare time :hug:

- Has anyone bought an e-file and had a bad experience (maybe then gone back to manual filing)
-Has anyone experience of the SHESTO file and DIAMOND BACKFILL BIT
-Has using an e-file cut down your service time by a great deal

Thanks in advance, I would love to hear back from you x

e-files has been talked about on here loads...if you click search then put in e-files you will see !!!...just for the record...i have e-file but have not had training for it.....i think the e-files are ok...its not the e-file that is the problem...its the people using them...have you been trained to use a e-file?? xx

if you get training then e files are fine

but in the wrong hands or untrained hands they can cause alot of damage

one word
"training", then you will know what to buy and what/when to use it.

Thank you for your responses so far. Yes, I will definitely go on an e-file training course. Before I commit myself to shelling out all that cash I would love to hear back from those of you who have experience with an e-file.
My questions in particular are whether your service time has been cut down by a great deal, your views on the Shesto file and diamond bit in particular.

Thanks x

Whats a Shesto ? Diamond bits clog easily.

I'd compare speeds of drills, training, price, warranty etc, before buying an efile.

They can save time on some things, but a masterful grasp on specific filing and application can save the same amount of time.

Ask yourself , whats taking the time, why is it taking the time and how you can improve it without the need for mechanics?

Many clients have a fear of drills (often without reason) and may put you in a pigeon hole (without reason) that you don't need to be in.

Put less product on and you need to take less off .... simple.

But they do come in handy.

I've never seen a nail refined as well by drill, than I have by hand.

For myself, it has absolutely cut my time down.

Here's the caveat: I'm blind in one eye so my depth perception is wonky. The bit on my efile gives me just the right amount shadow to accurately judge my filing technique and accuracy. I can hand file properly, but it takes much more time to achieve the same results.

The quality of your efile makes a vast amount of difference. Initially, I began with a Manipro and the vibration was uncomfortable for me. My Medicool pro ower 30k file has zero vibration. If you can, go to a show and try out different handpieces and speeds to get a feel for how the file operates.

HTHs!

S

Latest posts

Back