e-files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to be booking an acrylic course but wondering if I will be able to do acrylics to start with without an efile, I am trained in gels and dont use files only normal hand files as my gels are soak off, I cant afford an efile course to start with so wondering if hand filing will be ok until I can build up clients for acrylics.tia

Yes you do not need efile to do acrylic.
If you train good you wont need much after filing after sculpting nicely.
Efile just give speed and less arm pain for some nail tech but for finishing nail is not need you can do ok without efile if focus more on sculpting with brush then you will not have to fix with file later.

Yes you do not need efile to do acrylic.
If you train good you wont need much after filing after sculpting nicely.
Efile just give speed and less arm pain for some nail tech but for finishing nail is not need you can do ok without efile if focus more on sculpting with brush then you will not have to fix with file later.

This! This!

I see so many new techs investing in efiles when actually there is no need if you apply the enhancement correctly in the first place. Spend the £100s in training not machines.

Echoing Trinity above, you should be able to sculpt nails with both acrylic and gel without using e-file, if you apply the product correctly, which you probably do already :) However, for infills it can be beneficial, due to bulk removal. I use hard gel (Brisa non soak off), and I sculpt a lot of long nails with high apex, so personally I like using e-file for infills and removal of the gel (admittedly I don't have to remove a whole set very often, but when I have to, it's good to save your sanity by removing it with the e-file).

I couldn’t manage without an efile but the majority of my appointments are redesigns so it can be 7 removals per day. I couldn’t manage this with a hand file.
However I didn’t feel confident enough to do the efile training until I felt comfortable and confident in my application.

Hi - can anyone recommend a good efile please? TIA

Latest posts

Back