E mail trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw88

Reaction score
hi all

i was just wondering if any1 cud help me out, i was thinking of sending a copy of my price lists and any new offers i have to all my clients via email every so often but my problem is on my laptop i have microsoft works and i am not sure if the attachments will open up on computers with word, is this right and if so wot can i do to fix this

thanks 4 reasding i hope some1 can help :rolleyes:

Try saving as RTF (Rich Text Format); this should work for both Word and Works.
Posted via Mobile Device

You might also want to investigate creating a PDF version of your price lists to send out, as this would be read-only, and most people have Adobe Reader (or equivalent) on their PC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alternatively, could you save the file as a jpg format? I know you can with some programs, not sure about works. If you can't save direct, could you print on paper and then use a scanner to scan it as a jpg. Just thinking of that format because any computer can read these.

Cheers,
Hazel

What I've done is to create the document in Microsoft Word, then copy the text into the body of an email. This means the recipient doesn't have to open an attachment; all your fabulous information will be right there before their eyes.

Two things: firstly, when you copy the text into the email, you might have to make the odd adjustment to ensure everything remains centred/lined up and secondly, make sure you send the email to a friend or two first as a test, to ensure it arrives in good order and doesn't go all spammy.

Hope that helps xx

Alternatively, could you save the file as a jpg format? I know you can with some programs, not sure about works. If you can't save direct, could you print on paper and then use a scanner to scan it as a jpg. Just thinking of that format because any computer can read these.

Cheers,
Hazel

If you need to save as a JPG, then you're better doing an ALT-PrintScreen and pasting into a graphics package, rather than printing and scanning. You'll get a better quality image, and save on paper and ink too...

thanks a lot for your help guys

greatly appriciated :green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back