Ear/nose waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escapebeauty13

Reaction score
I have had a male client ask if I do nose hair waxing. I've done a bit of research and think it's something I could offer but there seems to be a lot of negative things said about removing hair from these areas.
I wondered if anyone already does it on their salons and what the feedback was.

I have had a male client ask if I do nose hair waxing. I've done a bit of research and think it's something I could offer but there seems to be a lot of negative things said about removing hair from these areas.
I wondered if anyone already does it on their salons and what the feedback was.

I do a lot of it and most salons in my area offer it on there price lists aswell.

The only thing I find is you're nose is more sensitive for a few hours after to irritation

Great thanks Emily. The cons I seen were of people saying that you need the nose hair to stop pollution etc.
Did you go on a training course for it?

Nostril waxing is a popular male grooming treatment and most of my clients have it done .

I only apply a small amount of non strip wax to the tip of the nostril as you don't want to remove the hairs further inside the nostril.

It's a nice clean feeling afterwards and most clients prefer this to tweezing a few hairs (which hurts more!).. I give all my new clients are free nostril wax and most book it again as part of their regular waxing routine!

Hope that helps ...

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thank you jack.

I trained with Kim Lawless and nostril waxing was covered as part of the course. I usually offer the first one for free to anyone that expresses an interest and nearly all of them then add it on to their treatments as a regular thing.

I did my husband's earlier tonight, he loves it. 😀

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

My gentlemen all have standing appointments for their facial hair waxing and that includes brows, nape of the neck, ears and nose. A very very popular service on my menu.
Like Jack said, you don't remove all hair from the nose, just the lower portion of the nostril. Have it done once and you are hooked ;)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

It's very popular at my salon, Ears as well as nose need to have hairs to trap irritants but there are lots that you can't see further inside which still do the job when you've removed the visible outside ones.
As for pain it's as if when you tweeze one hair the nerve screams and your eyes stream for ages but when you wax many hairs in one go it's as if the nerves go 'oh what the hell too much information to process I won't bother!' and is actually less painful than plucking the odd 'spider leg' as my Grandma used to call her nostril hairs ;-)

These are very popular areas to wax so it's good to to add them to your list.

Always use hot wax first of all. Until you become confident, you could put a small piece of cotton wool inside the ear so the wax stays where it's put.

On the nose, gently squeeze the nose half way down and that way your spatula can't go too far up.

These are very popular areas to wax so it's good to to add them to your list.

Always use hot wax first of all. Until you become confident, you could put a small piece of cotton wool inside the ear so the wax stays where it's put.

On the nose, gently squeeze the nose half way down and that way your spatula can't go too far up.

Can't beat a nostril wax!

I haven't been asked for it but on my course my tutor said don't do it as it's not insurable! I must look into it now and check my insurance policy.

I haven't been asked for it but on my course my tutor said don't do it as it's not insurable! I must look into it now and check my insurance policy.

I live in Canada, Alberta. My salon insurance definitely covers nose/ears.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Just noticed all these extra comments. They didn't show up on my notifications and not been on this for a few days.
Thank you everyone for your feedback. It's something I'm going to look into.

Latest posts

Back