Ear piercing licence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
i did a course with caflon for ear piercing and i understand i need a licence to do this does anyone know what i need to do?

contact your local council and they will tell you. Its diff for different areas i think its £49 for manchester but some areas you dont need one and other areas as much as £250. do a search on your councils website all the info should be there too x

Yes, call your local council. I might be wrong but I don't think you need a licence if your mobile but you definitely do if your home or salon based. You'll also have to undergo a heath and safety inspection.

its all down to the individual council, manchester said i needed a licence even if i am mobile. x

Yes you need a licence mobile or salon based - contact your council and ask for enviromental health and they will either come to see you or send relevant details. Mine was 145.00

Hello Im currently in the process of registraition and mine is £160.00 and £40 per person doing the ear piercing.

thats if your mobile or home/salon based.

I've just recently started doing ear piercing and my local council charged £105 for the premises and another £105 for me as an individual to do the piercing:

£210... quite steep don't you think!

but on the plus side it is a one off payment and no other salons round here do it.

they also sent someone out to do an inspection of the premises to make sure it was fit for purpose and hygenic, which obviously it is :)

i hope this helps

since my last post where i bragged that no salons in my area do ear piercing I have found out that

yes i am the only licensed ear piercing salon...
but!
there is a girl with a room at a hairdressers near by doin ear piercing without a license!

this isnt fair... why should i pay £210 and she gets off without paying anything!

do u think i shoudl do anything about it???

since my last post where i bragged that no salons in my area do ear piercing I have found out that

yes i am the only licensed ear piercing salon...
but!
there is a girl with a room at a hairdressers near by doin ear piercing without a license!

this isnt fair... why should i pay £210 and she gets off without paying anything!

do u think i shoudl do anything about it???

hello. sorry to hear that. things like this happens all the time. persoanlly i would contact ur local council and see what they say as like u say its un fair that ur doing the correct and others arnt.

Latest posts

Back