Earache, heeeelp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
I have maaaaaaaaajor earache, I had an ear infection a coupke of weeks ago for which I was given drops for, and it cleared up. The annoying cold I now have seems to have spurned another ear infection on :cry:

Does anyone have any advice on how to kill the pain, obv I can't instantly cure the infection but god I need to do something to calm the pain down!!

Bless ya - sorry to hear that you are not well xxx

You may know that you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together - I usually take a paracetamol based tablet called paramol - it has dihydrocodeine in it as well and the dentist recommended them to take together to kill toothache!

The other thing you should do is keep the painful ear warm - and yes you could put a bit of cotton wool just inside to keep the draught out - but NOT too far in!

Not much help - but hope it will help a bit :hug::hug::hug:

Get better soon hun xxx

hugs and snuggs Deb xxx

i really sympathise with you.i suffered with earache really badly when i was younger.it caused me to have more than 3 ear operations.so i know how you feel.:cry:
the best thing you can do is to put some cotton wool inside your ear and use something like a hot water bottle and lay with your ear on it.as you said it wont cure it but its the best quick fix i know.i would say you need antibiotics though,so make sure you go to your doctor.i know its descusting but the way to find out if it is an ear infection is to to smell the wax from your ear,and if it smell then that usually indicates an infection.i really hope ive helped as i know how painful it can be.:hug:

Bless ya - sorry to hear that you are not well xxx

You may know that you can take paracetomol and ibrupofen together - I usually take a paracetomol based tablet called paramol - it has dihydrocodiene in it as well and the dentist recommended them to take together to kill toothache!

The other thing you should do is keep the painful ear warm - and yes you could put a bit of cotton wool just inside to keep the draught out - but NOT too far in!

Not much help - but hope it will help a bit :hug::hug::hug:

Get better soon hun xxx

hugs and snuggs Deb xxx

Another way to keep the ear warm is to put some vick vapour around the OUTSIDE of the ear up by the hairline. the menthol will produce a warming feeling

Im laying on a hotwaterbottle right now (propping the laptop up at the same time lol)

Im on two 3 and a half hour long coach journeys tomorrow, I dont think I can get away with the hotwaterbottle thing then lol :)

Im dosing up on ibrupofen, didnt know you could take paracetomal too though!! Thanks for that info ;)

i hope its a bit better for you by tommorrow.make sure you take some things for you to do on the coach ride.maybe they may help you take your mind of it.just becareful not to take to many tablets as i think you can only take a maximum of 8 ibuprofen a day,not sure about paracetomol as i dont take them.
i also agree with the vicks vapour rub aswell so make sure you take that and plenty of cotton wool.you could also take a scarf as keeping your neck warm could help too,if that dont work you could always just put it over your head to keep your ears warm,lol:lol:.good luck for tommorrow and i hope you feel better,take care:hug:

Thanks chicha:)

Get your teeth checked out too...the ear pain could becoming from a tooth pain or a sinus pain....hope you can get it cleared up....I know you haven't got time but the GP can prescribe something stronger prob codiene based but prescription strength, it will space you out, guaranteed.

My mother always taught me to put Vitamin E oil on a cotton ball and put it inside the ear.....and take some asprin......this always seemed to work for me and my kids.....

My dentist also told me about the paracetamol and ibuprofen thing and I must admit it was a godsend when I had an ear infection. Hope you feel better soon. x

Latest posts

Back