EARTHQUAKE & TSUNAMI HITS ASIA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am going through the lists now and i will continue tomorrow
i do hope she is ok xx

Up till now I didn'tget a respond in the other forum. But there is also someone looking for Mui.

Ant her homepage expired a week ago (on dez. 22nd.) I hope that everything is allright. But I'll keep checking that other forum...

http://www.p-h-u-k-e-t.com/forum/

Up till now she also isn't on the following list:

http://www.phuketitcity.com/

I hope that we soon hear news that Mui and her family are safe.

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.

I think we need someone to translate Muis name into Thai.

I think that would be a great idea, i really hope Mui and her family are ok, its absolutly devastating what has happened, i cannot tear myself away from the tv and internet.

As far as i am aware my holiday which is on the 24th Jan to the Maldives is still on beacause the isalnd we are going to hasnot been damaged, my only worry is, is that when we go they will be trying to feed and please us, i feel like we will be taking the food out of their mouths. I am really not looking forward to our holiday now, i will feel too guilty enjoying ourselves when their are so many people in desperate need for aid, but we cannot cancel as we will loose all our money!!!

Amanda

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Seanny is hot on computers, maybe he can get a pic from her web site & post it on a missing/concerned for safety site. That way she may be found, hopefully with good news. Also info of her family are in the bio on her site which may be of use.

This post is very vague SORRY but am news watching & looking after the little ones so can't elaborate as I'd like to.

hi
ive tried to get on her website but its not working at the moment maybe someone may beable to translate her name in to thai like suey said as i havent found her name on the lists yet x

princessmowgli said:
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Seanny is hot on computers, maybe he can get a pic from her web site & post it on a missing/concerned for safety site. That way she may be found, hopefully with good news.

Princess, her website has been down for a little while now, it looks like she didn't/forgot to renew her domain name. But I have a photo that she sent me and will start posting it around places - good idea of yours. There are some US Nail Techs posting on various places too so hopefully with everyone looking we'll get some news.

Lily, don't feel guilty about going on holiday. They were saying on the news that for places like these it's only the tourism that keep them going so your money will be very much appreciated, if people stop visiting then it's going to be disasterous for their economy.

lilly,
i have been watching sky news and people have been posing the same questions.should they continue/go on holiday.
alot of the places do relay on tourism as a living so if you do go out there you are helping with the tourism economy so helping with the repair of the aftermath.
hth
i hope mui and her family are safe and well, i too have the news on all the time the devastation is umbelievable my thoughts are with everyone affected.

NailsinMuenster said:
Hi, Jackie. That's a good idea. Perhaps you could post it also in this forum? http://www.p-h-u-k-e-t.com/forum/

I've put a message on that board but have to wait till Sean comes home to put her pic on cos I'm a dumbo and can't figure out how to do it! I also managed to translate her name but the sodding page wouldn't let me save it and I couldn't copy and paste it - just came up with a load of question marks.

I phoned her salon again today and this time got what I think was a ringing tone, but no answer. Still no answer from her mobile though.

Well done for managing to translate her name Jackie, i spent an hour last night trying to do it, even e mailed a few thai translation companies( Not based in Thailand BTW!) So don't call yourself dumbo 'cos of a picture :lol:

I am so sorry for posting mis-information about Mui, I guess I am hoping so much for Mui to be alright that I didnt understand the post on BeautyTech was about someone else. Thanks for catching my mistake Lauren I appreciate it.

i have just heard from someone in patong that says the location of her salon was NOT affected by the tsunami, he will let me know what he finds out.
dawn x

Hiya

I feel relly helpless at the moment. I have made a donation and i am going to organise something in the salon to raise some money, but need some ideas. Also regarding my holiday, i think with us tourists going will give them something to live for. We are going all inclusive, but we had said ages ago that their are a few resturaunnts on the island which are not included and we will be going and eating their, we will also go on some of the excursions too, anything to help them. Hopefully we will enjoy it.

Amanda

Mui was working on a new website. She planned on changing her website lay out, and adding a nail supply online store. Her old website is down, but the first page to her new website is still up.

http://www.phuketdir.com/muisbeauty/

I emailed her on 12/27, but the emails bouced back on 12/29, which was very strange. I tried calling on 12/29, but I could not get through.

Lets keep checking the list for Suriya Promboon

I feel so gutted, all i could think about the past week is about the familys in the troubled areas. Also i hoped that when i signed on here someone would have heard from Mui and her family. I hope that we soon hear news that Mui and her family are safe.

My thoughts and love go out to everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.

Love Lisa x x

JackieMc said:
Mui's salon is only yards away from Patong Beach which was very badly hit so I think her salon has most probably been affected. Hopefully she and her family managed to escape the worst - I've emailed her but I doubt logging onto the internet will be her highest priority right now, but if I hear anything I'll let you know - or if anyone else hears from her could you post it here please? I'm terribly worried about her. She has worked so hard on that salon of hers, it will be dreadful if she's lost everything. :cry:

my god I didnt know that, fingers crossed for her and her family.

I hope all of us Geeks give what we can to help this cause and ease the suffering of this sad time.

Is there still no news on Mui?

This is awfull. Words just simply aren't enough for how bad it is.

Latest posts

Back