EARTHQUAKE & TSUNAMI HITS ASIA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintz

Reaction score
Hello all The biggest earthquake in over 4 decades has hit Asia and MANY are dead more injured. We have fellow techs on this list who may have been severely hit (Mui comes to mind) by either the quake the tsunami or both.

Lets all pull together and keep these people in our thoughts and prayers (for those who pray)

I'm sending positive thoughts to those who have been affected - either personally or through loved ones.

Best wishes

Me too
what a terrible thing to have happened its so sad how can those left behind get over this? its awfull

Ruby

I have been watching the news all day. I send prayers out to all those affected and those that have family affected. This is truly devastating. May God be with them all.

Chanda

Lets hope that Mui and her family are safe.
Prayers for the families affected by this awful disaster

My thoughts are with Mui and her family.....and all others.....lets hope they are all safe and sound xxxx

it is awful , my thoughts are with them xx

my thoughts are with everyone there

It's so devastatingly sad, my thoughts are with all thoes affected in this terrible disaster.

Is there any way we can help them as a collective?

Dee

Thanks for that Kybert

Mui's salon is only yards away from Patong Beach which was very badly hit so I think her salon has most probably been affected. Hopefully she and her family managed to escape the worst - I've emailed her but I doubt logging onto the internet will be her highest priority right now, but if I hear anything I'll let you know - or if anyone else hears from her could you post it here please? I'm terribly worried about her. She has worked so hard on that salon of hers, it will be dreadful if she's lost everything. :cry:

I too am very worried about Mui. I haven't heard from her since about September and was wondering what was up with her. Now, after viewing all the devistation so close to where she lives, I am really worried. I emailed her yesterday as well. Please, anyone who hears from her let us all know.

My god, I have not been in touch with the outside world for the past few days and then I saw the pictures on the tv today. How incredibly frightening for the people involved, both for what they have experienced and for their experiences to come in the next weeks and months. It suddenly puts all your own personal troubles into perspective - at least I'm alive with a roof over my head, good health and food on the table. My thoughts and prayers are with anyone affected, and of course especially to our own Mui, pray god she is okay.

ive emailed mui a few times but have not recieved a reply since sep oct. does anyone know how she is please

I am sitting here safe in my home watching the terrible events happening in Asia..... I count myself lucky and am so incredibly thankful for all I have.

My thoughts are with Mui and all the others out there...lets hope we hear soon.

Take care of yourselves,
Clare

xx

Hi all!!i've been doing the same as Oceana!My thoughts are with Mui and all the others out there.....

Take care of yourselves!

Oceana said:
I am sitting here safe in my home watching the terrible events happening in Asia..... I count myself lucky and am so incredibly thankful for all I have.

My thoughts are with Mui and all the others out there...lets hope we hear soon.

Take care of yourselves,
Clare

xx

My thoughts are also with everyone at this extremley sad time and with Mui and her family. i am supposed to be going the maldives in three weeks and i dont kmow what will happen now.

Amanda

i would like to echo the thoughts of everyone on this post.
i don't think we all realise what we have & how precious everyone we love are, until something like this happens.
lets hope the worlds' powers pull together on this & pull their fingers out & give the support that is obviously needed.
it would b great if we could get somrthing together on here, consisdering how sucessful the fundraising was for the breast cancer campaign.
liza x

As soon as I heard about this I thought of Mui knowing that her salon was near patong beach. I hope we hear from her soon and she and her family are okay. What a terrible thing to happen My sympathies and thoughts are with all those involved in such a terrible disaster. :cry: Mui are you ok??? I doubt we will hear from her for a while as there will be so much to do all we can do is hope.

I'm shamelessly cutting and pasting this - my reply to the other thread about this disaster - in case it's of any help to anyone...

There are already a number of ways to donate - rather than waiting for something to be set up here, then waiting for donations to come in etc etc, it may be a lot easier and quicker if we donate through an already established channel - I'm guessing speed wil be crucial over the next few days / weeks / months...

Try:

www.redcross.org.uk

www.oxfam.org.uk

www.savethechildren.org

I've had a quick look and they have all started appeals.

Don't forget - if there's a bit on there to tick to say you're a taxpayer - tick it! This will allow the charity to reclaim the 28p tax back on every pound you donate (if I understood it correctly!)

Also, if anyone is worried about someone out there, there is another website - www.phuketitcity.com - which lists names etc (I'm told it includes pictures of victims, so be aware it may not be pleasant!) - but it lists survivors as well as victims, it may be helpful to someone...

Something like this really makes you count your blessings, doesn't it? My heart goes out to all those poor people and their relatives.

Vodkababe
X

Latest posts

Back