Easi meche bleach timings help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeymwxx

Reaction score
Hi all
I did some bleach highlights today on Virgin hair which was a level 7 ( I was scared of doing hi lift as the last time I used it on Virgin hair it hardly lifted and the client wanted bright highlights. As it takes me about an hour to put all the packets in I did 10 vol on back and sides and 20 on the top. After putting in my last packer on top I left it for 45 mins before I took it off. My question is could I have safely left them in longer, as some of the hair was nice and light but some was still caramel. Even some of the ones on the bottom which would of been on for an hour and 45 minutes! Am I doing something wrong? Should I have used a higher peroxide? The highlights looked lovely as there was different tones, but I know that the client wanted bright instead of so natural. Does some Virgin hair just not lift well?

Virgin hair lifts the best! The amount of lift from a pre-lightener strongly depends on your saturation of product. For highlights this means that your partings need to be thin enough, so that you will get a good clean lift. If the sections of hair are thicker you will get less lift. On medium density hair you should be able to read newspaper print though them.

When working with lightener the developer choice mainly determines how fast the product will work. I would first choose the correct developer, be it 10, 20 or 30 vol, and rinse the foils out in sections (back/front) as they are ready, rather than using a higher volume as you progress. The stronger the developer = faster but more damage.

I really don't like easy meche for classic highlights, have you tried using foil yet?

I thought Virgin hair is supposed to lift best that's why I'm confused. I did really fine sections too. Maybe some were thicker than I thought but i went through 5 scoops of lighter so thought I saturated well (only did half head)
I tried foil in training but much preferred meche, as I liked the sticky bit and that you can see how it's developing. Maybe I will give foils another go as will also be cheaper! X

If your partings are thin enough then you might not applied enough product/evenly. Also make sure you mix the lightener corrctly, and if it takes you 45 mins to apply the underneath, remix fresh lightener as fresh product will lift the best.

Somethimes the whole head will lift evenly though as hair at the back tends to be darker and warmer.

Some people love easy meche which is fine. I really don't get on with it but I do use a lot of other meche and wraps for other types of application just not classic highlights.

If your partings are thin enough then you might not applied enough product/evenly. Also make sure you mix the lightener corrctly, and if it takes you 45 mins to apply the underneath, remix fresh lightener as fresh product will lift the best.

Somethimes the whole head will lift evenly though as hair at the back tends to be darker and warmer.

Some people love easy meche which is fine. I really don't get on with it but I do use a lot of other meche and wraps for other types of application just not classic highlights.

Thank you for all your advice, I will concentrate next time on making sure I have applied enough product evenly. I also might practice foils on my mum!

Latest posts

Back