Easier to file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
I am still torn between CND and NSI l&P. I find I can work better with the NSI and I have had no problems with it, but I find the CND much easier to file, and also I can pick bigger beads up with the CND which is handy for larger nails. CND seems to set much quicker, and I am wondering if as I get better and quicker will this be an advantage as at the moment its a hinderance, I prefer the slower setting. I have been doing nails a couple of years now, but I probably only do 2 sets a week as its not my main job. - I wish it was, I love doing them!

I have used NSI products on a course and at that point was already trained in CND and i have to admit, i wouldnt switch to NSI from CND even if they gave me the product! I love cnd their l&p is faultless, creamy and a dream to work with.

If you are trained in both, which I am guessing you are if you have both products; I'd go for CND.

In my opinion this is a choice like picking between a juicy couture handbag and a mulberry; both expensive/top brands but mulberry soooooo much more so than juicy :) nsi is a goooood product, but to me, CND is better :)

Have you tried the new retention + powders from CND ? You get quite a while with them be fore they polymerize , there just as nice to file , and have a better clarity to them ,
Also once on properly they are ON :)

Hi,
On my college course I trained predominantly with Youngs L & P, but there was also samples kits of CND, NSI for us to try. TBH, back to my learning college days, I couldnt really tell much difference apart from the ratios and the NSI was more springy. Its just now a couple of years down the line, I am much more aware of quality and trying to perfect the perfect nail in as little time as possible. I find I hardly need to file much with NSI as I get application pretty spot on now, but with CND (I have a trial kit) because it sets quicker, I am left with a slightly more lumpy finish, and say 4 /10 nails need filing, especially with glitter tips. However, a hand file seems to suffice with the CND, whereas NSI seems to set a lot harder and I prefer to use my KUPA. I never even noticed the difference at college ! If I can loose my drill, this will make it a lot easier!

Hi,
On my college course I trained predominantly with Youngs L & P, but there was also samples kits of CND, NSI for us to try. TBH, back to my learning college days, I couldnt really tell much difference apart from the ratios and the NSI was more springy. Its just now a couple of years down the line, I am much more aware of quality and trying to perfect the perfect nail in as little time as possible. I find I hardly need to file much with NSI as I get application pretty spot on now, but with CND (I have a trial kit) because it sets quicker, I am left with a slightly more lumpy finish, and say 4 /10 nails need filing, especially with glitter tips. However, a hand file seems to suffice with the CND, whereas NSI seems to set a lot harder and I prefer to use my KUPA. I never even noticed the difference at college ! If I can loose my drill, this will make it a lot easier!

Hi hun,
I personally think any nails (l&p) need refined regardless how spot on the application. I find cnd easy to file, it files down quickly especially using a high grit then i refine it getting it to a smooth shiny finish. I dont think it sets any quicker than other brands ive found albeit it probably does but maybe as creamier and easier to play around with i manage to do it quicker so when it sets ive got it in place.
Do you use cnd retention + l&p's?
They are their newer improved powders and liquid and go on so lovely. The reason i ask is because i *think* cnd have l&p called moxie which sets vv quickly (quicker than normal) maybe its those you are trialling! If it isnt moxie its something else but im sure theres one quicker setting. x

Latest posts

Back