Easiest gel polish to remove?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Which would you say is easiest and hardest to remove?

geleration
gelish
shellac
bio scuplure

Thank you!!

Only do Slellac and Biosculpture but Shellac is quicker to remove than Biosculpture for me by about 5-10 minutes at least, depending on which Bioscuplture prescriptive gel I've used? Hope that helps

yes, it does help - thank you!

Do you need to scrape the shellac off at all like you do the bio?

Trugel it takes me between 8-10 mins

Opi Gelcolor comes clean off in 10mins but I do use heated mitts!
🌸

Gelicure comes off easy in about 10-15 mins. I have a new client who has Bio on right now and I’ll be removing that before I Gelicure her in a week or so, so I guess I’ll find out how easy it is then.

But when I had Bio done on me a couple of years ago it was awful to remove and she filed so much my fingers were on fire. That's what put me off having it again to be honest (that may well have been a bad tech though rather than the bio itself, as I know a lot of people love it.)

I use Gelish and just started with Shellac. Shellac is quicker to remove but that's because Gelish is a gel and Shellac isn't therefore the consitency is a bit thinner.

A 10 min soke for gelish is enough for me I never had any problem getting it off :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I use Shellac & Gelish & occasionally OPI gelcolor. They are all pretty similar in removal times really. The funny thing though is "we" never hear a single complaint or issue from any of the techs/therapists that use Geleration?! Very few threads 'bing' up about issues with or pertaining to Jessica's Gel?? Is it that good? Or is it the training etc?? I digress, sorry lol ;)

It might be because not alot of people use it I don't know of anywhere beside me that does :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

So do you not need to use a wooden tool to complete the removal of shellac? I'm assuming the actual 'gel' ones all need a bit of persuasion...?

So do you not need to use a wooden tool to complete the removal of shellac? I'm assuming the actual 'gel' ones all need a bit of persuasion...?

You do use one to gently push the flakes off after unwrapping, yes. There should be no persuasion though lol.
If they have been wrapped and soaked correctly, and the base coat applied thinly in the first place, twisting off the wrap should leave very little left on the nail plate, and it's just a case of sliding off the flakes x

Which would you say is easiest and hardest to remove?

geleration
gelish
shellac
bio scuplure

Thank you!!

Shellac isn't gel. It is a power polish :)

I use shellac and biosculpture and shellac is the easiest to remove by far.

Just to stir up a hornets nest here, I know we keep getting told that Shellac isnt a gel polish, it's a power polish, but I disagree. Power polish isnt a technical term, but gel polish is. What is the definition of a gel? It's an acrylate product that contains monomers and polymers which cure under the UV light. Shellac does indeed contain acrylates and cures under a UV light so unless someone can provide me with a technical reason why shellac is not an acrylate product containing monomers/polymers I would have to disagree and argue that it is reasonable to describe shellac as a gel polish, or in the very least an acrylate based hybrid polish. CND were describing shellac as a hybrid polish when it first came out and before they coined the term power polish and I was much more comfortable with that term. Power polish doesnt really say much about the product in my opinion.

Go on then, feel free to shoot me down in flames and tell me I'm wrong!! On a serious note though I'm really not trying to kick up trouble so please dont take what I've said the wrong way, this is by no means a sleight on shellac or CND or S2 I have nothing but respect for the product and the companies, and if anyone can give me further information to disprove my theory I'm quite open minded about the subject and would be happy to be proved wrong if there's further info out there :green:

Lol 'chelle.....if it walks like a duck...?

I've only used Gelish and found it fairly easy to remove.

Latest posts

Back