Easiest web design/set up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireEharris

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I’m in the very slow & early stages of setting up on my own. I’ve been dipping my toes in & out of the industry in various forms for the last 10years.

I’ve recently invested in more training to concentrate specifically in Lash Lift (Elleebana) and gel nails (PolyGel) for which I’ve qualified & insured & practised, practised, practised & feel now I’m ready to make the leap ...Eeeeek!

I’m in a position now where I want to set up a website but the whole thing baffles me and would really appreciate any help you can give me on choosing but predominantly how to go about setting up a website for a complete techno phob like me [emoji31][emoji85]

Really appreciate any help & tips & thank you for reading x

Well done for setting up on your own for a start!
If you have the funds available, I would look into paying a web designer to design you a website as they'e real pros and will help you give clients a professional image!

If you don't have the funds, look at weebly, they allow you to use a template for your website and is very user friendly so you can tailor make it to your needs, and is also free.

Also have you considered a Facebook page and maybe instagram? They'e great ways to promote your business for free! I got my friends and family to share my page on Facebook and got a couple of clients just from this.
Whatever you decide, Good luck! It's a scary jump to take but as long as you are passionate and truly believe in yourself you'll go far xx

Well done for setting up on your own for a start!
If you have the funds available, I would look into paying a web designer to design you a website as they'e real pros and will help you give clients a professional image!

If you don't have the funds, look at weebly, they allow you to use a template for your website and is very user friendly so you can tailor make it to your needs, and is also free.

Also have you considered a Facebook page and maybe instagram? They'e great ways to promote your business for free! I got my friends and family to share my page on Facebook and got a couple of clients just from this.
Whatever you decide, Good luck! It's a scary jump to take but as long as you are passionate and truly believe in yourself you'll go far xx

Thank you so much [emoji120]
I do have a business Instagram account (at least that’s what I think it is LOL)
I would love to have a web designer set one up for me as I agree would look fab, however I’m sure it would cost a lot of money & due to the fact I’m just starting kind of thinking if I can reduce costs where I can & try at least to do one myself that might be best? Then again I’m wondering if this might be counterproductive...it’s so hard knowing the right thing to do, obviously without paying out hand over fist!
Regardless I thank you for your advise, it really is gratefully received xx

Thank you so much [emoji120]
I do have a business Instagram account (at least that’s what I think it is LOL)
I would love to have a web designer set one up for me as I agree would look fab, however I’m sure it would cost a lot of money & due to the fact I’m just starting kind of thinking if I can reduce costs where I can & try at least to do one myself that might be best? Then again I’m wondering if this might be counterproductive...it’s so hard knowing the right thing to do, obviously without paying out hand over fist!
Regardless I thank you for your advise, it really is gratefully received xx
Hiya,

I’m a professional web designer and built many sites for ladies from this site over the years.

Of course, a website is a good investment but it really depends on what your definition of costing a lot of money would be as everyone’s perception is different :)

If you want a chat feel free to private message me.

The DIY solution can be good to get you going. Squarespace is probably one of the only ones I’d recommend as a DIY solution. You do have to weigh up the pluses and minuses as professionals do more than just make a website look pretty :)

With DIY solutions like you say, it can take you a lot of hours so it depends if you want to focus your time on that or something else more productive for your business.

A classic example is I’m useless at looking after my garden and it takes half the time and get a much better job done by hiring a gardener and I can carry on working. Win-win :)

Hiya,

I’m a professional web designer and built many sites for ladies from this site over the years.

Of course, a website is a good investment but it really depends on what your definition of costing a lot of money would be as everyone’s perception is different :)

If you want a chat feel free to private message me.

The DIY solution can be good to get you going. Squarespace is probably one of the only ones I’d recommend as a DIY solution. You do have to weigh up the pluses and minuses as professionals do more than just make a website look pretty :)

With DIY solutions like you say, it can take you a lot of hours so it depends if you want to focus your time on that or something else more productive for your business.

A classic example is I’m useless at looking after my garden and it takes half the time and get a much better job done by hiring a gardener and I can carry on working. Win-win :)

Thank you have contacted you [emoji108][emoji5]

I used WordPress when starting - which is free but you can upgrade later for small monthly fees. You can also get a domain name through them or alternatively purchase one at 123reg.com
Your website and Facebook salon page work together - with clients perhaps seeing you on FB but then clicking through to get more detail on your website. Both are essentials I feel.

It takes time to get the hang of WordPress, but time you have when thin on clients! Worth the effort.

I used WordPress when starting - which is free but you can upgrade later for small monthly fees. You can also get a domain name through them or alternatively purchase one at 123reg.com
Your website and Facebook salon page work together - with clients perhaps seeing you on FB but then clicking through to get more detail on your website. Both are essentials I feel.

It takes time to get the hang of WordPress, but time you have when thin on clients! Worth the effort.

Thank you so much, valuable info that I will look into
Much appreciated [emoji120]x

I’ve always made websites on “Blogger” - through them you can customise a page, have different pages for your different services, and also apply for a URL through them for very little.
It’s easy to update and change yourself whenever you need to and it can be totally what you want it to be. Takes a couple of hours of fiddling about but make a big pot of coffee and have a pack of biscuits on hand and enjoy making it!

I’ve always made websites on “Blogger” - through them you can customise a page, have different pages for your different services, and also apply for a URL through them for very little.
It’s easy to update and change yourself whenever you need to and it can be totally what you want it to be. Takes a couple of hours of fiddling about but make a big pot of coffee and have a pack of biscuits on hand and enjoy making it!

Ah thank you once again for your advise, only thing I might change in that would be maybe a bottle of wine to soothe my head when the stress kicks in lol [emoji13]
Much appreciated thanks for taking the time to answer xx

Hi, I'm not a web designer but have used a fair few systems to create a presence. the designer above is probably a not bad route. If it's something you fancy tackling then maybe have a look here.

Wordpress isn't bad. all you maybe want is a 1 or 2 page site and the links below will be a good start.

www.wix.com

www.squarespace.com

www.webflow.com

there are a few others but in level of easiness I'd take those 3 and see how you get on.

all the best
Psul

Thank you so much Paul will take a look at these [emoji106]

I am in the process of building my own website using Wix. I have used a blank template and am finding it quite easy although have experience of making one previously. You can also get help on YouTube videos if your struggling.

Kelly

I am in the process of building my own website using Wix. I have used a blank template and am finding it quite easy although have experience of making one previously. You can also get help on YouTube videos if your struggling.

Kelly

Thank you Kelly x

Latest posts

Back