Easilocks hair origin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the hair is actually from?
Thanks

Pretty sure it's Russian/Mongolian? Doesn't really matter about the origin though.. Unless you're getting truly virgin hair. Processed Indian could last 2 years and processed Russian could last 3 months. It's all about the actual process they go through, I think origin is becoming less important! After all, fabulong is seen as a high end supplier and they use Indian!

Always wondered this !

Always wondered this !
Emailed them they said:
the origin of the hair we use here at easilocks is from Russia, Asia, and India , our hair is all ethnically sourced and the donors are all aged between 19-25 to insure the quality of the hair.

X

Pretty sure it's Russian/Mongolian? Doesn't really matter about the origin though.. Unless you're getting truly virgin hair. Processed Indian could last 2 years and processed Russian could last 3 months. It's all about the actual process they go through, I think origin is becoming less important! After all, fabulong is seen as a high end supplier and they use Indian!

Ah yeah I see what you mean It is better to ask what process the hair goes through then rather then the origin?

So sometimes it could be Indian or sometimes it could be Russian?x

So sometimes it could be Indian or sometimes it could be Russian?x
Yeah or could be Asian! I thought the texture and way it washes etc would be different for each origin thou? Like you could have one set that's Indian and then one set that's more Asian hair so wouldn't they be different in texture? x

Yes, when I was training I was told never to mix Orgins? As they dry different etc. So if you where doing a top up and the first batch was Asian the top up could be Russian lol. To be honest though suppliers probably no more than trainers as the actually sourcing the hair and working with it is everyday and getting public feed back. Easi locks is very reputable to. Mixing hair must work!

Ah yeah I see what you mean It is better to ask what process the hair goes through then rather then the origin?
Yeah, but 99% of suppliers that you buy from wont even know the process. They do the same as us in regards to testing, but obviously in much larger scales from the factories at source! Even if they did, and the explained the chemicals and different stages, we wouldn't have a clue! By the time it gets to us, we just need to trust others reviews and our own experience in terms of what hair is good and what isn't!

The true origin of the hair makes a HUGE difference, hair labelled as Russian attracts a higher price! There is no way on this earth that Easilocks are using genuine, Slavic hair. They used to say it was Russian on their website. I rang them to let them know I was reporting them to trading standards as the hair was not Russian. I'm not saying they stopped saying it was Russian because I reported them but they removed it straight away. Also, if it were genuine Russian they would advertise it, it would be stupid not to! Russian hair would not be mixed with Indian, Mongolian or any other type of hair, it would lower it's value and makes no sense at all. I've seen another company advertise their hair as Russian/Mongolian mix! Come on guys, why would you mix Russian hair (the best) with Asian hair (the worst)! It's 100% Asian!!! And if you're told in training not to mix origins, why are they doing it! Don't get me wrong, I've used fantastic Chinese hair that has been manageable, soft, looks great in pics and lasted for months but it is thicker and doesn't move like Caucasian hair, and that's what makes it a poor choice, it doesn't look natural.

I import Slavic (virgin and coloured) and Indian hair and there is a difference in quality. I've got to say though, my Indian hair is amazing and the difference is slight, I don't think the price difference between Russian and Indian is justified and will always tell my clients this. What's more, the origin of the hair doesn't affect how long it lasts, the draw affects now long it lasts but the most important things are the quality of the hair and how it is looked after. I've seen salons who buy their Russian hair from the same source as I do claim the hair will last for 3 years! Yes, if it's plaited everyday and never sees a set of straighteners! Hair extensions are HUMAN HAIR, they get split and dead ends, they dry out if abused, we've got to get away from all this "they last xx years" nonsense and you've got to start questioning these suppliers who are ripping you off.

Sorry for being ranty but this has been driving me mad for years

Latest posts

Back