Easilocks have ruined my hair, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexandra031

Reaction score
i had only 40 Easilocks put in my hair for added thickness as my hair is fine. It looked fantastic. Then I had maintenance a couple of months later and the stylist recommended adding 20 more so we did. Within two weeks 35 had come out. So I went back and they refitted them. Two weeks later 30 had come out again so I went back. They looked at them and decided where I was dying my roots the hair dye had ruined the bonds and they couldn't be used anymore. So they took the rest out.

I know that when they are taken out your hair feels fine because you get used to the weight and thickness but my hair is ruined. I wear my hair up a lot and my hair bands are way too big now to fit my ponytails because I have so little hair. These are the ones I used before extensions. When I use a hair clip you can see my scalp clearly. I know that the hairdresser has put in so many layers to cut around the extensions and it has left the bottom few inches of my hair so fine and wispy which is bad enough but these thinning patches at the roots are devastating!

I was assured that Easilocks doesn't damage hair and it's why I went for them.

Please can anyone recommend a product or a course of action to help me, please.

Could it be the layers have been cut quite high and made your hair too thin for your hair bands?
What does your own hairdresser advise?

Could it be the layers have been cut quite high and made your hair too thin for your hair bands?
What does your own hairdresser advise?
My hairdresser just said it's bound to feel thinner. But as I said you can see my scalp now in various ways I put my hair up and it is dramatically thinner. I have def suffered hair loss. Just looking at before and after photos too. Obviously the layering doesn't help but that starts around half way down my head. That will grow but it's at the scalp that I'm panicking about.

My only thought is a bad application! For you to loose that many strands over a short period of time is not normal. I always say to clients they can loose up to 20 strands in a month but none have ever met this figure, some don't loose any at all. There also may be the case that you shouldn't of had easilocks fitted if you have such fine hair to start off with anyway they should of offered a bonded method which is more suitable for clients with fine hair.

Latest posts

Back