Easy Jet - Good airline????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get in touch with the airline by letter and explain the situation with your son, about how he can find things stressful, etc. I think you'll get a better response with a letter than asking over the phone.

When you are at the gate, before they are boarding but when the reps who take your boarding passes are there, again explain the situation to them, even if you had no joy with the letter.

The problem is, if you are boarding by bus, rather than walking to the plane, it ends up whoever is first off the first bus (the passengers needing assistance, speedyboarders and those with children usually are all on this bus). It's whoever is out the doors of the bus first who gets on the plane first iykwim.

When I'm travelling with my bf (who is disabled) I sometimes leave him to come at his own pace and get on by myself, keeping the seat next to me for him.

I've never had any problems iwth easyjet. The no allocated seat policy is my only gripe.

I hope you have a lovely holiday when it comes. xx

sorry if this is not what you want to hear hun, but we have flown with easyjet in and out of country and we would never ever fly with them again, and espeically never with children, you deffo get what you pay for, on way out they said disbaled people went on first fair enough, then people with children great, but prob was by the time we'd got to the stairs, because we had to wait at the back steps behind everyone getting on in wheelchairs etc, they let everyone else through before we'd even got half way up steps, so by the time all the families got on with kids, everyone else was seated it was mayhem, we were all refusing to sit apart from our kids, luckily we had been at the front and two young lads offered to switch places for us so our 12 year old could sit by us, but there were families with little ones of 2 and 3 being made to sit apart, the plane was 30 minutes late leaving and there was threats of getting security if people didnt just sit down, kids were crying and mums were screaming, it was disgraceful, on the way back it was even worse cos in malage they just put everyone on buses out to the tarmac and it was juts a free for all , to see who got to the plane first, now im sorry but i dont do running for no one , not even for a plane seat, so i warned tom if when we got on the plane we were not sitting together i was getting off with the kids and waiting for another flight and he agreed,

we got on and there was just odd seats everywhere, so we refused, but they were shutting the doors and wouldnt let us and another family back off, so we stood in the aisles and told them to get security cos we werent sitting seperatly and they wouldnt let us off, then a group of lads got up and starting bawling at everyone on the plane to move and let all the families sit together and it was funny cos people starting moving and offering their seats etc, and after a while everyone was sorted, but omg it was the most horrendous experience of our lives, and we only flew with them, because our flight had been changed at short notice , and we couldnt take the kids out of school a day earlier, so we had no choice but to use their flight, we did check first that families can board together and they assured that yes disabled and families are boarded before the rest, so we didnt go into it blind, we know you get what you pay for now, and would never go through this again

but.... there have been many people tell you theyve had no probs hun, so it might not be like this, i just wanted to warn you how it can be, i would deffo take it up with them especially under your circumstances, i would think that warrants diff action, as ruth said its against the law isnt it?

good luck chick, hopw it all goes well xxxxx

We have friends in Barcelona and we both use Easy Jet for our flights.
Never had any problems at all and always found the staff to be friendly.

OH MY GOD. I have got to comment on this.

Back in early March I went out to visit Gigi. Flew out with Easyjet from Gatwick, all was fine.

The next evening I was DUE to fly back. The flight got cancelled due to fog at 11pm. Not their fault I know. Anyhow, bearing in mind there were three Easyjet flights going out that evening, all cancelled, we had to form a queue and wait to book another flight - there were 2 members of staff dealing with nearly 400 passengers.

Being scared and on my own and after sitting in the loo for half an hour charging my mobile, I ended up second from last at the back of the queue. 2.30am I reached the front, and was told there were no flights going back to Gatwick the next day. I'd have to fly to Stanstead the following night. I said that was no good, please give me a refund for half my ticket and I'll pay for a Thomson flight to Bournemouth and my parents could drive me back home.

Oh no they said, Easyjet policy to not refund a ticket when they're offering a 'what they deemed suitable' alternative flight. I said fine, I have no choice I'll go to Bournemouth.

Then the worst thing happened, the woman behind me was due to fly back to Bristol, and they gave her a flight to GATWICK the next morning before the Bournemouth one was due to take off! I was fuming! Went back and kicked off and the girl said she didn't know when I was there 2 seconds earlier that there was one seat left! OH MY GOD. They wouldn't pay for a hotel for me, or a taxi. And at not one point was there an apology. I should have had that ticket.

Out of all of the flights that got cancelled, Easyjet were the only airline with a queue left at 2.30am.

I know they're not always the worst airline around, and I know they got me for only about £10 cheaper than another airline, but when things go wrong with them they sure as hell don't try to put anything right.

And just down to this, I will now pay more for other flights and not go for the cheapest option because it's obvious that customer service is compromised when prices are lowered.

:eek::eek:
Well it seems like people have had good and bad experiences but 1 thing seems to be constant - the fact that you are expected to run the gauntlet for your seat.

I haven't heard back from my email to Easy Jet requesting their help with my son - if I hear nothing in the next few days a letter will be winging its way to their Head Office. If nothing comes from that then I think it's def time to bring out the big guns and start quoting discrimination and laws etc.

Thanks for your thoughts and experiences guys:hug:

we are to going away cyprus in may and was going on easy jet but as told few probs we are going with xl airways ......hope they are ok :eek:

I've flown with them many times, and thank goodness have never come across any problems.
We've flown a few times with both EasyJet and also Ryanair and I have to say that out of the two I'd much rather fly with EasyJet, we've never had a bad experience with them (yet!!!)

It will depend on what they class as young children - mine will be 6 and 9, but even so I don't like the idea of them being away from me or hubby on the plane.
We've never been seated apart from each other, my children are in their mid teens and we've always been together, generally only separated by the aisle or in the next row from each other, usually my hubby and son sit together (troublemakers together lol) and my daughter sits next to me, if we're on the same side we make sure the men are in front of us so they can't bug us as easily lol

I think that, in all honesty, it won't matter which airline you go with, there will always be some people who have had a bad experience with them, irrespective of whether they're a cut price airline or not, however, the after care and customer service is usually better with the pricier companies (but again, not always).

I was thinking some more about your situation, and even though they are a budget airline, they should still have a department dealing with special needs requests. Is this who you emailed?
Hope you get a reply soon with some news that puts your mind at rest. xxx

I was thinking some more about your situation, and even though they are a budget airline, they should still have a department dealing with special needs requests. Is this who you emailed?
Hope you get a reply soon with some news that puts your mind at rest. xxx

Thanks hun

I emailed their customer service dept as this is the only dept they seem to have. I have had no response yet (wasn't really expecting a quick reply)but I will let you know what happens.

Latest posts

Back