Easy Jet - Good airline????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loulou Mc

Reaction score
Ok so this year we decided it was cheaper to book our own flights and hotel seperately. This was fine until we were informed yesterday that the airline we had booked to fly with (GB Airways part of BA) has been bought out by Easy Jet and so we have gone from a chartered airline to a No Frills airline.:irked:

I've never flown with Easy Jet before but I have seen plenty of the Airline programmes on the telly to see that Easy Jet and its staff don't appear to be the nicest.:eek:

Please tell me your experiences (good ones hopefully) and put my mind at rest.

I've flown with them many times, and thank goodness have never come across any problems.

It is though a first come first served basis when it comes to seating, unless you pay extra for priority boarding.

Last edited:
I've flown with Easy Jet on internal flights up to Edinburgh and everything was great. No problems at any time.

I have never had any problem with them.It is exactly what they say no frills.
If you have young children you get on to the plane in the second group to the ones who have paid priority boarding.So if you are the last group it is likely you will get split up as many people do now pay.
They are also quite strict with weight and we have had to redistribute our bags before because one was over.

Sonia and I flew with EasyJet from Luton to Paris just over 4 years ago; Sonia was in her manual wheelchair and EasyJet were excellent. They were very helpful; we travelled onto the plane in Sonia's own wheelchair on one of those special elevated vehicle things that lift you up to the height of the plane; we had seats right at the front by the door so she didn't have too far to transfer, and they made sure the wheelchair was safely stored in the hold and brought it out for her again when the plane landed.

No sneaky charges for that either, unlike horror stories we'd heard about Ryanair!

Have also flown EasyJet to Glasgow and back in the past, and they were fine then too.

Thanks guys.

I guess I am a bit peed off as we didn't choose the airline they chose us - if you see what I mean. Because they are a No Frills airline you don't get the same security of booking etc as with a chartered flight so I'm dreading them changing the flight details again and cocking up our holiday.

We always try and get there early so hopefully we will get to sit together.

Sonia and I flew with EasyJet from Luton to Paris just over 4 years ago; Sonia was in her manual wheelchair and EasyJet were excellent. They were very helpful; we travelled onto the plane in Sonia's own wheelchair on one of those special elevated vehicle things that lift you up to the height of the plane; we had seats right at the front by the door so she didn't have too far to transfer, and they made sure the wheelchair was safely stored in the hold and brought it out for her again when the plane landed.

No sneaky charges for that either, unlike horror stories we'd heard about Ryanair!

Have also flown EasyJet to Glasgow and back in the past, and they were fine then too.

That sounds good, they showed good service with Sonia then.

I have enquired about boarding either last in/first off or something like that as my son has ADHD and Aspergers and so waiting either at the gate or on a confined plane are stressful for him and for us!. They said yes we could have speedy boarding for £44! When there is a medical reason for early boarding why should you have to pay? Sorry but that made me cross with EJ.

Thanks guys.

I guess I am a bit peed off as we didn't choose the airline they chose us - if you see what I mean. Because they are a No Frills airline you don't get the same security of booking etc as with a chartered flight so I'm dreading them changing the flight details again and cocking up our holiday.

That would be highly unlikely, I think. I've flown both EasyJet and Ryanair in the past, and the only problem I experienced was a delay of an hour or so on one occasion - nothing too horrendous! Never had a cancelled flight (touch wood)...

Thanks guys.

That doesnt make a difference because you dont get seats allocated you just all pile on and sit where you can ,thats why they let people on in groups.If you have young children you will probably be ok if not and you are worried about not sitting together then you have to pay i think its about £15 but im just guessing at that.

Because you chose BA specifically due to your sons needs...
Would you not have some 'comeback' so to speak....?

It could be worth writing to head office of Easyjet or BA or something....

After all you would have booked with Easyjet if you wanted to fly with them...:irked:

It's so annoying though isn't it?

That doesnt make a difference because you dont get seats allocated you just all pile on and sit where you can ,thats why they let people on in groups.If you have young children you will probably be ok if not and you are worried about not sitting together then you have to pay i think its about £15 but im just guessing at that.

It will depend on what they class as young children - mine will be 6 and 9, but even so I don't like the idea of them being away from me or hubby on the plane.

Wish I could just blinking swim now!!:rolleyes:

Because you chose BA specifically due to your sons needs...
Would you not have some 'comeback' so to speak....?

It could be worth writing to head office of Easyjet or BA or something....

After all you would have booked with Easyjet if you wanted to fly with them...:irked:

It's so annoying though isn't it?

Prob is hun they have you by the short n curlies as they just start quoting the booking terms and conditions to you - i.e you don't have any rights and they can change absolutely anything and you can't do a thing about it.

Ho hum

No i think its more like over 13 so you will be ok.Just get to the front when they call everyone to the gate.We have never been separated totally away from eachother.They certainly wont expect either of your children to sit without one of you so they will move people if that happens.

Prob is hun they have you by the short n curlies as they just start quoting the booking terms and conditions to you - i.e you don't have any rights and they can change absolutely anything and you can't do a thing about it.

Ho hum

Hmmmm you are right there....Gits!!!

I remember once when I was travelling on my own with my daughter who had just turned 2 years old...
I hadn't realised until I got to board the plane we were sat 3 rows apart :eek:

I told the stewardess there must be some mistake and she said we would have to put up with it until we were in the air and the seatbelt signs had been switched off then she would organise us sitting together.... she said the captain was in a rush to get the doors closed to get a slot....The elderly couple who would have had to have sat with my 2 year old daughter looked more horrified than I did....

Well...lets just say we sat together before the wheels had started moving....:lol:

That sounds good, they showed good service with Sonia then.

I have enquired about boarding either last in/first off or something like that as my son has ADHD and Aspergers and so waiting either at the gate or on a confined plane are stressful for him and for us!. They said yes we could have speedy boarding for £44! When there is a medical reason for early boarding why should you have to pay? Sorry but that made me cross with EJ.

Hmm, £44 seems a tad expensive when you need priority boarding for a genuine medical reason. If you ask me, being able to board first if your son has ADHD/Aspergers would count as a "reasonable adjustment" under the Disability Discrimination Act (ADHD and Aspergers should almost certainly count as a disability) - and as such there should be no extra charge for that.

Hmm, £44 seems a tad expensive when you need priority boarding for a genuine medical reason. If you ask me, being able to board first if your son has ADHD/Aspergers would count as a "reasonable adjustment" under the Disability Discrimination Act (ADHD and Aspergers should almost certainly count as a disability) - and as such there should be no extra charge for that.

That definitely sounds like something you should quote Lou....
Well done Ruth xxxxx

That definitely sounds like something you should quote Lou....
Well done Ruth xxxxx

Aye, and if they don't comply, then they are breaking the law; also there is the risk of bad publicity for the airline (remember the furore when Ryanair charged £18 for providing a wheelchair for a man at Stansted).

Got to agree here....did not even think of that....well done Ruthie xxxxxxx

Got to agree here....did not even think of that....well done Ruthie xxxxxxx

Also, if you have Aspergers, the airport is one place *not* to get panicked because of claustrophobia/long queues etc as you don't know how other people will react - especially if they don't know your son has Aspergers! They might think he's "playing up" when in fact that's not the case at all!

Also, if you have Aspergers, the airport is one place *not* to get panicked because of claustrophobia/long queues etc as you don't know how other people will react - especially if they don't know your son has Aspergers! They might think he's "playing up" when in fact that's not the case at all!

Exactly, I feel like having a tshirt printed for him that says "I'm not a naughty pain in the bum - I have ADHD and Aspergers so there!!"

I want to have as peaceful and calm a journey as possible for my son, us and the other passengers

Latest posts

Back