Easy, less mess pedi?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzy nails

Reaction score
I have always offered pedicures as part of my services however I just get in such a mess that it takes me a while to clear up after and what with clients back to back it has not been ideal. So I have decided to take pedicures as such off the menu and just offer shellac, minx or polished toes. However I see lots of peeps are saying how good micro plane is and I can't help think I'm missing a trick. Is there a way of offering a pedicure without the bowls of water sloshing all over the place?! Plus the fact toes cannot be soaked prior to shellac application so Im sure some techs have overcome this. Suggestions would be appreciated, thank you :)

Hiya

I don't much enjoy doing pedicures for this exact reason. I don't get much call for them so it's not a big thing for me.
When doing a Shellac pedi you have to do the complete Shellac treatment first and then you can do the pedi part, soaking, massage etc afterwards.

Hope this helps.
x

I'm mobile and have a steamer that I plug in that heats up small towels or flannels. I don't soak the feet but use the heated flannels to cleanse them. This feels wonderfully luxurious and you can get right in between the toes too! They're great for wiping off filing dust (you use micro plane on dry feet) and scrubs. I find it much less messy and you just throw the flannels in the wash after each client. :)

I'm mobile and have a steamer that I plug in that heats up small towels or flannels. I don't soak the feet but use the heated flannels to cleanse them. This feels wonderfully luxurious and you can get right in between the toes too! They're great for wiping off filing dust (you use micro plane on dry feet) and scrubs. I find it much less messy and you just throw the flannels in the wash after each client. :)

Ooh this sounds interesting, where did you get your steamer?
I really dislike lugging the foot spa around!

I use a foot spa with individual liner so I can just empty the liner and throw it away. I remove the scrub with heated disposable towels so it all just goes in the bin. I cut the disposable towels in half so it's not too wasteful and it means I'm not washing flannels constantly.

Looking forward to hearing how others reduce mess / clear up time.

I know a lot of clients like the foot soak aspect, however I'm pretty sure Young Nails Lomasi range is a waterless pedi. I think it also doubles up for manicures as well. Never used the products myself, but Young Nails are a good company. Maybe be worth looking at. :D

Lomasi Collection - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

I use a foot spa with individual liner so I can just empty the liner and throw it away. I remove the scrub with heated disposable towels so it all just goes in the bin. I cut the disposable towels in half so it's not too wasteful and it means I'm not washing flannels constantly.

Looking forward to hearing how others reduce mess / clear up time.

Tell me more - I am liking the sound of disposible heated towels. Where did you get them and also, how do you heat them? I am devising my pedicure system and it doesnt include water or mess hehe!

x

I use hot mitts heated in towel cabbi, around 4 sets, it is really nice and warming, so clients don't seem to mind that I no longer use a foot spa :)

Tell me more - I am liking the sound of disposible heated towels. Where did you get them and also, how do you heat them? I am devising my pedicure system and it doesnt include water or mess hehe!

x

I use the disposable towels from majestic as you can buy them in packs of 100. I cut them in half for pedicures, in 8th's for facials and just pop a hole in the centre for any massage where the client is face down and using the face hole in the bed.

I heat the towels for pedicures and facials in a hot towel caddy. No mess at all and all disposable - just what we like :)

I use the disposable towels from majestic as you can buy them in packs of 100. I cut them in half for pedicures, in 8th's for facials and just pop a hole in the centre for any massage where the client is face down and using the face hole in the bed.

I heat the towels for pedicures and facials in a hot towel caddy. No mess at all and all disposable - just what we like :)

Thank you, have just checked the website and it looks wonderful - all those disposible products yaaaay. Liking much....

Do you use the disposible towels hot and dry or are they damp for wiping off products? Do you find they are ok for exfoliating scrubs?

Thanks for your help x

I use the towels damp for removing product and they're great for removing scrubs too. No more shaking the flannels out and bits of scrub ending up all over the floor!

I'm mobile and feel your pain with pedicures. I still offer T&P, basic and deluxe pedicure but also offer Callus Peel which is excellent for removal of hard dry callus skin that i cant remember the last time i did a pedicure. No soaking in water just wrapping the foot up and you can do cuticle & file while cooking..much easier

Hi there, would you be able to tell which steamer are you using? I am mobile too and would like to find something compact, not too bulky. Thanks in advance.

I know a lot of clients like the foot soak aspect, however I'm pretty sure Young Nails Lomasi range is a waterless pedi. I think it also doubles up for manicures as well. Never used the products myself, but Young Nails are a good company. Maybe be worth looking at. :D

Lomasi Collection - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

I may check into this, as I am quite a few pedis now that aren't gel colour. And I dislike having to do the soaking and water just a lot of hassle.

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. I def like the idea of a heated towel caddy and flannels that I wash. So much less mess and hassle than water sloshing. I will purchase these items and pop pedicures back on the menu.
Thanks!

Hi there, would you be able to tell which steamer are you using? I am mobile too and would like to find something compact, not too bulky. Thanks in advance.

Well, I use this one from Argos! http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228936.htm

Admittedly I don't do a huge number of pedicures so I don't know how hard wearing it would be if you were doing pedicures back-to-back on a daily basis but its been great for me and its very light too. I wasn't sure if people would prefer a soak system so I didn't want to spend a lot of money. Also, it's plain white so looks professional enough.

I had thought about buying this one from Salons Direct (see link below) but in the end went with the considerably cheaper Argos version and its still going strong 6 months later.

http://www.salonsdirect.com/product...inets/beautypro-hot-towel-steamer-starter-kit

HTHs!:)

I use Youngs Lomasi collection which is waterless but I still like to soak. Mango and Coconut is my fave x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I use this one from Argos! http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228936.htm

Admittedly I don't do a huge number of pedicures so I don't know how hard wearing it would be if you were doing pedicures back-to-back on a daily basis but its been great for me and its very light too. I wasn't sure if people would prefer a soak system so I didn't want to spend a lot of money. Also, it's plain white so looks professional enough.

I had thought about buying this one from Salons Direct (see link below) but in the end went with the considerably cheaper Argos version and its still going strong 6 months later.

http://www.salonsdirect.com/product...inets/beautypro-hot-towel-steamer-starter-kit

HTHs!:)

What a fab idea! I'm ordering one lol xxx

^^^ I've got the salons direct one - it's great!

I have a home salon and still use my Footsie Spa for soak and for removing scrub; then I put the footsie to one side and use steamed flannels or mitts for removing the mask on a lux pedi :)

Your ideas are good, but I really find the soaking part is what my clients love I couldn't not do it, but I have found its easier with the Footsie spa and disposable liners and I just tidy up whilst there nails are drying.
I have also got the Microplane and daft as it sounds am finding it hard to get my head around my routine using it on dry feet first before soaking!

Latest posts

Back