EBAY! and E-FILES!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

As for e-bay I dont see why it shouldnt be an option...im not saying i would or wouldnt buy an efile off there...but these things are worth thinking about if they are gonna save a substantial amount of money...I have had plenty of bits from ebay...nail things..dried flowers, tips, polishes from china etc...and had no problems...its great for experimenting with stuff and trying new things out cos its a lot cheaper.

As for e-bay I dont see why it shouldnt be an option...im not saying i would or wouldnt buy an efile off there...but these things are worth thinking about if they are gonna save a substantial amount of money

The problem with ebay is you don't know what quality you are recieving & if it is actually what it says it is. Better to find a reputable supplier that way they can provide you with product advice & support.

Also just another point to consider if you plan on running your own buisness, for the financial side you need tax invoices for your products so you can claim expenses on your buisness, i don't think sellers on ebay provide these. So the money you save on products means u will be paying a hell of alot in tax coz without reciepts how can you claim expenses if you can't prove that you bought them in the first place?!?!

Hello.

I also thought about bying from E-bay before I started my training, but heres what I think;

As stated you don't know what you are gonna get when you by proff. products from E-bay

Secondly the amount of money you save probably isn't that much when you have to pay your taxes and shipping fees

Then the mentioned problem if something is broken, you cannot get it repaired

And you cannont get training with the items you by

That was the concerns when you just think about it money wise. The other important thing is if we all by cheap from china, then what happens to the companies selling them legally in the contry? Things may be more expensive, mayb they have to shut down. The reason thing are cheap from china is the fact that they don't pay taxes, don't ship in regards to whether it's flammable or not, and they don't risk anything if they sell things that ar not safe!

Only time I will by of ebay is nailart stuff you cannot get anywherelse, never never prof products as you actually don't know what you recieve.

HTH
Karen

Yes I agree with you totally...its a risky option which is why i wondered if many other people had...its not all stuff from china anyway...there is the occasional one for sale because a technician has decided to stop doing peoples nails or whatever.
I dont mind admitting that i very nearly bought one a few weeks back because it was half the price but decided not to in the end..thought i would rather pay the extra and get a receipt, a guarantee and some peace of mind etc.

Just as an FYI, I have deleted all the non-constructive posts in this thread so I hope it still reads okay.

If you put Ebay into the search facility you will see plenty of discussion on the the topic. Most of us have bought nail art bits from Ebay sellers but that's about it.

Professional products should be bought from professional outlets. If you buy from Ebay you could well get either fake products or stolen goods and you have no comeback.

If one of your clients says 'ooh this is a nice piece of kit, where did you get it?' How professional will you feel saying 'Ebay'? For me, the main reason I would never buy pro stuff from Ebay is that you have no idea whether what you bid on is what you get. There are geeks who've received monomer that was actually coloured water, 'Creative' tips that wouldn't blend, etc.
should you be telling your clients where you buy your things from

Also if you buy an efile from Ebay where does the training in how to use it come from??

I would of thought that you would have been trained on how to use one of these before you buy

i only buy of ebayers who are decent. i only buy off on ebayer and have been doing for years.

when i said i buy all of mine off ebay. i shouldnt have said all because i ve had my kit from nsi for 2 years now..all i do is top it up with powders tips (nsi tips) and all the extra things that makes doing nails fun!

i only buy of ebayers who are decent. i only buy off on ebayer and have been doing for years.

when i said i buy all of mine off ebay. i shouldnt have said all because i ve had my kit from nsi for 2 years now..all i do is top it up with powders tips (nsi tips) and all the extra things that makes doing nails fun!

can i just ask...what savings are you really making...? do you feel any loyalty towards NSI...? what if everyone started buying there NSI stock from ebay and this resulted in NSI having to shut down..?

Can you see how buying professional products from ebay is damaging to the industry...as NSS salons who take the clients from your table, ebay is taking clients from the distributors. Without the distributors we would run risk of being completely ripped off by the likes of ebay. ...use em or lose em.

If you ask me buying off ebay is far too much effort, Bidding....waiting for auction to end....organising payment.....organising post....waiting for it to arrive....phew i feel exhausted just typing that!!! Thats alot of work! I'd rather just call up my supplier & buy direct from them. My supplier is fab they have my products there the same day i place the order or the next morning!! Bugger waiting around 2-3weeks for ebay!!

I would of thought that you would have been trained on how to use one of these before you buy
[/color]

I bought my e-file from ebay... but I am already trained to use one.n
I didn't have to wait and bid on it, it had the option to "buy now", and there was no fuss paying for it and I received it in under a week. There are ways to check on the comments that the sellers get to see if they are reputable to deal with or not.

I happen to think e-bay is great...and at the end of the day if you can get something at a bargain price then most people go for the bargain...they dont think..oo no its gonna affect the company if i dont pay full price RUBBISH!!!...we all love a bargain and at the end of the day big companies like nsi are making a killing with their profits...i hardly think a few people buying SOME things from e-bay is gonna send them bust now is it! lmao

I happen to think e-bay is great...and at the end of the day if you can get something at a bargain price then most people go for the bargain...they dont think..oo no its gonna affect the company if i dont pay full price RUBBISH!!!...we all love a bargain and at the end of the day big companies like nsi are making a killing with their profits...i hardly think a few people buying SOME things from e-bay is gonna send them bust now is it! lmao

A few people buying some things wont send a distributor out of business but lots of people buying a lot of things might. So if you buy your efile from Ebay who do expect to train you to use it??

Creative Conversion courses offer free training if you buy the kit, but how do you think they can afford to offer free training?? From the 'killing' they make on selling product that's how..... Distributors are a business and they need to make a profit as well you know.

I hope you've read the Ebay thread I showed you yesterday. If you have you will understand the drawbacks of buying PRO products from it. I love Ebay as much as the next person for personal stuff and on a personal level I love a bargain! But there is also such a thing as loyalty in business and it is not be underestimated......

JMHO,

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

you know what...you ain't passionate about this busniess...you ain't loyal and you ain't supportive of this industry...your just out to make a quick buck and as cheaply as possible....:mad:

Just a thought....

Ebay maybe alot cheaper to buy your efile from. But later on you will have to pay for efile training. Why not pay a little extra and recieve free training when you buy from a supplier?? It will work out cheaper in the long run.

I'd love to know what your chosen insurance company makes of you using goods bought either new or partly used from EBAY when it all goes horribly wrong because you thought you were buying one thing but it turned out to be a fake or mis-labelled product and a client has an adverse reaction from it???

I'd like to see a reply to this thread from a distributor and an educator.

I'd love to know what your chosen insurance company makes of you using goods bought either new or partly used from EBAY when it all goes horribly wrong because you thought you were buying one thing but it turned out to be a fake or mis-labelled product and a client has an adverse reaction from it???

Why get insurance, you can train yourself and buy products off ebay.:rolleyes:

Bagpuss has got it bang right, someone else just out to make a cheap buck and wanting to pick the brains of people who have invested in training.:irked:

if you buy an efile from ebay...who are you going to get public liability insurance with, your either going to have to be truthful...and you wont get insured or lie and put the whole industries ethics in the bin.......
please if you want to be a great nail technician please go through proper channels......or your putting your clients at risk

bagpuss and fats.....i am really offended by your comments...how dare you pass judgement on me like that when actually you know nothing about me! I AM passionate about what I do...just because you dont agree with my views doesnt give you the right to call me in that way.
I have no intention of buying an e-file from ebay...i have stated many times already that i had given it thought but decided against it...as i think this is too risky and i have every intention of also geting the correct training....i do still however think that ebay is great particularly for nail art.........only the other day i received some dried flowers....and they are absolutely gorgeous...they cost me a few quid a hell of alot cheaper than if i had gone somewhere else to get them...and why should i fork out ridiculous amounts of money for stuff that im experimenting with...its fine to give your opinion but you really shouldnt pass such offensive judgements just because not everybody does things the way you do them.......unfortunately a lot of people simply cannot afford to pay full prices for all the abundance of stuff that is needed for training, practising, experimenting etc so have to look at other options and i do not see anything wrong with that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back