EBAY! and E-FILES!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Has anyne bought an e-file, airbrush or similar off e-bay? Or Would they?

i dnt see why ppl shouldnt..

i buy all my nsi gear off ebay its ALOT cheaper and in excellent condition. i bought a uv lamp once off there.

you just have to make sure te person has good feedback and preferably alot of feedback. or they could take all the money and not send the item.

ask them alot about the item aswell, making sure there is nothing faulty about the item.

xx

Yeah im just wondering whether to take the risk buying a file off there or not or just to buy one from a shop that I can take back to if I haver any problems....theres a lot on there really cheap from china and hong kong...its very tempting but im not sure its a good idea..wondered if anyone on here has had one.

on most people who are selling things like this on ebay tell you that if there are any problems a full refund is given if the item is returned within 10.14 dys :)

If you put Ebay into the search facility you will see plenty of discussion on the the topic. Most of us have bought nail art bits from Ebay sellers but that's about it.

Professional products should be bought from professional outlets. If you buy from Ebay you could well get either fake products or stolen goods and you have no comeback.

If one of your clients says 'ooh this is a nice piece of kit, where did you get it?' How professional will you feel saying 'Ebay'? For me, the main reason I would never buy pro stuff from Ebay is that you have no idea whether what you bid on is what you get. There are geeks who've received monomer that was actually coloured water, 'Creative' tips that wouldn't blend, etc.

Also if you buy an efile from Ebay where does the training in how to use it come from??

i buy all my nsi gear off ebay its ALOT cheaper and in excellent condition. i bought a uv lamp once off there.

you just have to make sure te person has good feedback and preferably alot of feedback. or they could take all the money and not send the item.

ask them alot about the item aswell, making sure there is nothing faulty about the item.

xx

How do you know these are genuine products ?

Are the flamables sent by normal post ?

Ebay is NOT where a professional should purchase their stock :!:

check out the below link re use and abuse of ebay http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/35704-use-abuse-ebay.html.
I personally would never buy professional products ie powders liquids from ebay.
The only things i would buy are disposables.
Also if you are thinking of getting an efile make sure you get proper training in how to use it.
Jen

Firstly,are you trained to use an e file....if not then why buy an e file from e bay.

I would buy it from a reputable authorised stockist and GET the training one to one.

How do I get training?

E-files should never be used without training, they can be very dangerous. Company's such as NSI offer free training with a purchase of their drill

HTH's

How do I get training?
You can get training from NSI and Creative, they are the only ones i know of but I'm sure lots of other reputable companies other this too

Young Nails also offer free training when you buy one of their electrical files.

Has anyne bought an e-file, airbrush or similar off e-bay? Or Would they?

Can I just ask if Newark is in the UK...or are you In Newark in the U.S of A?
Not that it makes that big a difference as I think anyone who wants to use an E File should be trained in it's use.

xx

I am sorry but if you read through this site, which is for professionals bearing in mind it's creator is the UK CND Authorised Distributor, you will find that it is very much frowned on to buy your professional nail products from EBay.
Can EBay sort out any problems you have with product application?....do they provide further Education, products with plenty shelf life and not counterfeit!!..Authorised Distributors everytime for me!!

Have a read of this thread, it's very informative http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/35704-use-abuse-ebay.html. Make a cuppa first though it's 7 pages long!!

Great link...good thread....happy reading.

No I would never use one on someone else without training...I would always get training...just looking at al the options..thanx for the tip about nsi fre training I wioo defo look into that

No I would never use one on someone else without training...I would always get training...just looking at al the options..thanx for the tip about nsi fre training I wioo defo look into that

I hope you do look into professional training. Glad to see that you seem to be taking on our advice at last.

Does anyone know if any reputable company would train someone who isn't qualified in nails on how to use an Efile??

Does anyone know if any reputable company would train someone who isn't qualified in nails on how to use an Efile??
I would like to think not... but who knows!?!

I bought my e-file from ebay. It came from China and cost me $69.00 including shipping, and it is definetly a professional e-file that would have cost me $400.00 if I bought it here.

I personally wouldn't buy an efile over ebay. What would happen if you recieve it & something was wrong with it? It would be a pain in the butt to exchange it or get if fixed. What would happen if the people you bought it from refused to help you? Then you would be out of pocket. Be safe & go to a reputable supplier, at least you know exactly what you are buying & be equipped with the proper training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back