Ebay is brill...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't keep calling me a weirdo...It was a very SPECIAL toenail anyways......
I've kept the one you sold me 3 months ago :lol:

weirdo's of the world unite lol

pray tell us what you were searching for at the time? and don't say wedding dresses because we won't believe you lol

I wasnt searching for anything - I wouldnt be surprised if it was a link on here or someonw sent me a link.

I had a case of exploding nail art pens from hong kong not long ago, well sort of!

I had used one and couldnt get the lid back on so i pushed it a bit and the thing popped.... all over my cream curtains (said nail art pen was black):evil: lol

Then there were the black shirts I bought which, when I got them had pub logos on the which I then had to sit there and unstitch by hand!:irked: (did get 5 of them for about a pound though) pmsl

Other than that I've been pretty lucky really, feedback of 239 and only a couple of them were me selling things.

Sometimes if I'm really bored I look at the weird items for sale - omg - some people are seriously strange!

Just had a georgous pair of sparkly shoes delivered today! :green:

I am a bit of a shoe and clothing addict when it comes to ebay! lol

I bought a mobile phone once and received a picture of a mobile phone - when I contacted the seller, he said read the description and right enough in the description it said a picture LOL - well did I feel a numpty or what - the phrase naff off springs to mind - NEVER ASSUME, FIND OUT FIRST LOL or another one assume makes an ass out of u and me.

I will never buy anything of any value from Ebay ever again.

I am really sorry that you had that happen, but I just nearly fell off my chair reading that!!! that is absolutely hilarious!! (obviously not for you I understand)
I would have fallen for this aswell hook line and sinker honestly

Thankyou for giving me such a laugh tonight, I only wish I could share it with someone but everyones in bed!

:lol::lol::lol:
:hug:

I am really sorry that you had that happen, but I just nearly fell off my chair reading that!!! that is absolutely hilarious!! (obviously not for you I understand)
I would have fallen for this aswell hook line and sinker honestly

Thankyou for giving me such a laugh tonight, I only wish I could share it with someone but everyones in bed!

:lol::lol::lol:
:hug:

I'm not in bed lmao

I got bid crazy once and while what i was going for was a gorgeous madam mooi soft leather handbag, it certainly wasnt worth the money i was bidding on it.. something clicked in my head and made me stop trying to outbid this lady.. she ended up getting it for $500 odd au $$ .. coulda bought a new one for that...

I get a high sometimes when im bidding.. so addictive and scary!! must admit i have yet to buy a picture of a phone!!! :lol:

Bought 2 pairs of cpu's for my dual processor boards. But all i got sent was 1 pair and no refund for the other pair. Very rude!:mad:

I have never been caught out .......... Yet!!!

But what did make me giggle was the guy that lives opposite has the most obnoxious (sp) son you have ever met, he knows it all and drives like a complete ****. Well, he was over the moan a few years back when he bought a top of the range sat nav for just over £200. This was when they first came out and was a complete bargain but ........ all he got was a link to a website to show him where he could buy them from with the price ranging from £800 upwards. It still makes me chuckle to this day!!!!

My mum has just bought my sisters tiara off ebay from china, real bargain! it turned up
in a tiny box, yep you guessed it , it was a miniture:lol: lucky she isn't getting married
til next year. think her chihuahua will be wearing it.lol

My mum bought me some Retention + from ebay :eek: I know she had her wrists slapped, she thought she was doing me a favour............it was purple water :eek:, couldnt beleive it!!

I bought some tattoo makeup for my wedding day, there was no 'foundation' in either of the pots just cardboard with th colours that they could or should be, I went back to the auction and it stated in the small print, I was just getting a colour wheel to put my foundation in, or buy it from another seller!

I bought a pair of Christian Louboutin Red platforms, not bothered if they were real or fake, but they looked pretty cool, size 7(adults) they had a 5" heel on them, when they arrived they were an infant size 7, how would they walk in them for gods sake????? What mother would put their 3 year old in 5" heels, made me laugh, I got my money back aswell!

here's my funny story....well its my mums really!

a few years ago she got a bit hooked on ebay, we were having parcels delivered everyday...out postie looked like santa some days with his huge sack over his shoulder just to deliver stuff to our house!

well one morning we were in the kitchen and saw him walking up the path chuckling to himeself....we both dashed to the door to see what he had brought for us....his opening line to my mum was 'now i know you'll buy anything from ebay!' .......

she had ordered a funky bread bin which claimed to keep bread fresh for longer than any other bread bin....what she actually got was an empty 5ltr ICE CREAM TUB!!!!!!!!! they hadn't even bothered to wash it out!!!

Well, i was literally on the floor in hysterics!!!!!

Needless to say she didn't accept delivery and it went back to the seller....no doubt they put it back up for sale for some other sucker to buy!!

I brought some fridge magnets, you know those ones of brightly coloured letters. It was a pack of 72 so I thought I'd be well in with the posibilities of things I could write. When they turned up they were nearly all the same colour and all vowels! x x

I have feedback of around the 300 mark. Believe it or not, I have never had a bad ebay experience. I meticulously read each listing I am interested in, check the sellers feedback etc. I bought a top of the range massage bed for about 80 pounds. A fantastic REM nail station for 12 pounds also a fully automated spray tanning booth for about 1000 pounds. So far I have never been burned. But, I am extra careful, I tell people you have to be very careful in reading the listings. Hubby is quite new to ebay, I check everything he is interested in before I let him bid.

I have only had one bad experience with a seller on ebay,
i bid for a Chloe handbag, got it for £122, i never for one minute expected it to be real but thought if it was a good copy and leather i would be happy at that,
i paid for it on 29th June this year, never received it and had to put a claim in with paypal to get my money back, paypal said they would return my money but i am still waiting,
I'm sticking to the market for cheap handbags from on lol

And don't turn this into a BMW thread, just give us a laugh....

wots BMW (apart from a car course!) xx:smack:

I bought some gel residue wipe of and it smelled like turps so had to throw it all.

On the whole I love it, I've just sourced some gorgeous jewellery from a designer just starting out and testing their market for my online shop. It was more than I ever expected. On saying that I've lost count of how many pairs of jeans I've bought that are smaller than the size they say (I'm not too proud for hand me downs or Ebay second handers as long as its good condition) and I once bought supposedly new tshirts that were bobbly and obviously ancient and then there was the top that came with white deoderant marks inside............ewwwwwwwwwwww................

My one and only bad experience was my fault really for not properly reading the listing...... It was for a mobile phone and had a buy it now price of £4.99, but when I bought it I then received a link to the Orange website to buy the phone at full price...... Worst thing was I'd checked the phone out on the Orange site to see what features it had :rolleyes:. I'm such an idiot!

I left her negative feedback but of course she did the same to me and cos I don't buy much it's knocked my rating...... Hubby just looked at me like I'm a slightly dim child!!!!

Latest posts

Back