Ebay is brill...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I hear a lot about how good things are from ebay....but who has had a complete load of rubbish when you thought you were getting the dogs wotsits???
I once ordered a dvd that turned out to be a crappy copy...
I bought a book that was lovely but had the pages stuck together:eek:
I bought some enamels from a tech that was "packing it in" and they were dry as a bone...
Come on....give us your best ebay nightmares:lol:
And don't turn this into a BMW thread, just give us a laugh....

can't really join in as all purchases from e-bay have been what I expected, no disasters as yet, saying that though I don't buy much from it.

Ill have a think judy and get back to you there will be something i bought was crap xx

I bought some tigi fashionista spray from an ebay shop (which was also a proper hair salon) and it turned out to be some hideous fake & extremley potent liquid, nearly took my scalp off :eek::irked: I only discovered it was dodgy when I started working in a salon that stocked tigi and smelt the real thing !!

Oh and although its not a purchase I sold a really nice morgan top on ebay to the buyer from hell, had loads of abusive emails saying it smelt of perfume and had fluff on it, I replied saying that fluff was unexplainable and suggested they use washing detergent for once & they would then know the difference between perfume & clean clothes.....miaow !!! best bit is he paid 6p, yes just 6p and gave me loads of grief !!!

Oh just remembered.... my OH bought some t-shirts that were a good name but you could have bought them in Turkey for 50p pmsl (he didn't though)

I bought a Therapist Bed for £40 which was brill until the girl emailed me saying that she had put a reserve on it and couldn't sell it at the price I won it for I had already paid with Pay Pal so she had to send a refund:irked:
I haven't had any other problems so far but a few bargains:hug:

I bought some tigi fashionista spray from an ebay shop (which was also a proper hair salon) and it turned out to be some hideous fake & extremley potent liquid, nearly took my scalp off :eek::irked: I only discovered it was dodgy when I started working in a salon that stocked tigi and smelt the real thing !!

Oh and although its not a purchase I sold a really nice morgan top on ebay to the buyer from hell, had loads of abusive emails saying it smelt of perfume and had fluff on it, I replied saying that fluff was unexplainable and suggested they use washing detergent for once & they would then know the difference between perfume & clean clothes.....miaow !!! best bit is he paid 6p, yes just 6p and gave me loads of grief !!!

ooops sorry was that you....and i do use daz !!...................

JOKE :lol:

I bought a mobile phone once and received a picture of a mobile phone - when I contacted the seller, he said read the description and right enough in the description it said a picture LOL - well did I feel a numpty or what - the phrase naff off springs to mind - NEVER ASSUME, FIND OUT FIRST LOL or another one assume makes an ass out of u and me.

I will never buy anything of any value from Ebay ever again.

ooops sorry was that you....and i do use daz !!...................

JOKE :lol:

LMAO Hope you got the fluff of :lol::green:

i have never had any problems with ebay purchases

it is good for some items but it must be used with caution, i know a few people who have been conned!

I bought a mini fridge, said it was AC/DC......but the small print said that the mains didn't work, only from a car charger....check the small print!

eeeeeeeeeeee god this is cracking me up,i cant think of my disasters cos im too busy laughing xx

I once ordered a telephone headset that didn't have a phone plug on the end of it :eek: errr helloooo!!! (or not, as the case may be) lol

That's about it though, I don't use Ebay that often.

I bought a lateral thigh trainer and my thighs are still anything but trained:):):)

Don't get me wrong...I've had a few good bargains...but I've also been conned occasionally.
It's the bidding that always gets to me...someone bids against me and I feel the need to outbid them on that china teapot I think I've always needed:lol::eek:

It's the bidding that always gets to me...someone bids against me and I feel the need to outbid them on that china teapot I think I've always needed:lol::eek:
or the toenail clipping that some wierdo has for sale lol

AND some even bigger wierdo's are bidding on lmfao

I think the funniest thing I ever saw on ebay was the guy selling his ex's wedding dress and he was modelling it and he made some great long poem about how she had treated him - it was really so funny - this big hairy biker lad wearing a white dress not done up at the back LOL.

I think the funniest thing I ever saw on ebay was the guy selling his ex's wedding dress and he was modelling it and he made some great long poem about how she had treated him - it was really so funny - this big hairy biker lad wearing a white dress not done up at the back LOL.
pray tell us what you were searching for at the time? and don't say wedding dresses because we won't believe you lol

or the toenail clipping that some wierdo has for sale lol

AND some even bigger wierdo's are bidding on lmfao

Don't keep calling me a weirdo...It was a very SPECIAL toenail anyways......
It belonged to Elvis.... my neighbours dog:)

Latest posts

Back