Ebay, I've been 'had', advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently someone gave me a printer but it had no power cable so I bought one off ebay. It didn't arrived I waited about 2 weeks, emailed the seller a number of times, never got a single reply. So... I made a complaint to Paypal. That day, the seller despatched the cable and the next day I received it.

Great, I was happy, it was all forgotten about. Then a few days later I got a refund from Paypal. I was horrified! I paid the seller again, yes he was naughty being slow with the despatch but I couldn't believe Paypal just refunded my money willy-nilly AFTER I had received the cable.

They may already have contacted the seller, if he didn’t send it recorded delivery they would refund. Paypal and Ebay policy is it’s the sellers responsibility to make sure the item arrives. If a dispute is lodged by the buyer and you can’t provide a tracking number the buyer will win which is something else I spotted on the community boards there. I have seen cases where someone has posted that the buyer said the item arrived, they can prove that but Paypal still refunded the buyer. It’s all down to the fact the seller has to provide a tracking number. I used to say on my auctions that if the buyer refused recorded delivery they did so at their own risk but that counts for nothing if they tell Paypal the item didn’t arrive. Bottom line is it may cost a little more and it may put some buyers off but always send recorded delivery if you can. I do now on Ebay and my own site, it's the only way I have any defence if a dishonest buyer pulls a fast one and unfortunately because Ebay and Paypal are so biased towards the buyer it's all to easy to do.

Bit rich really considering how much it costs to sell on Ebay, you would think they would want to keep their paying clients happier!

Thanks for all your replys, its a comfort to know im not alone in this.

I think i'll just wait now and see what happens from my appeal and if i have to lose the brooch & money then so be it.

I'll be a stronger more conciensious(sp) person because of it and wont accept things or people at face value in furure.

Sorry so many of you have had to go through the same sh!t :hug:

I had the same problem with a .79ct diamond solitare ring that I sold.
It was clearly stated on my listing with very clear pictures enlarged of the clarity of the diamond a dealer pounced on it quickly, and then complained after 30 days daying that it was a sh.. quality diamond and not as i stated uh hello if you looked at the pics he would have been able to see it was clearly an i3 diamond as I said. he lodged a complaint the same day that he sent me an email asking if he could return it. paypal went in his favour and tried to take the money from my account but i cancelled the dd and told them to get stuffed as it was clear he was fraudulently claiming. I sent the valuation cert for £900 to him also which he never returned. ebay have suspended my acct but i just set up another one told them to swivvel for the £100 that i still owe them as I feel that they were wrong in their decision. that was almost a year ago now and nothing else has happened.
Jen

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, paypal are indeed useless, although a couple of you have said that they always side with the buyer regardless, I wish they had done that for me....

I paid for a mobile Nail table. Those were the words used in the advert, he specifically advertised it as a nail table, and also said that it came with a 7 day return guarantee. The table arrived and I didnt have time to look at it straight away, being a busy mum with 2 jobs etc. Anyway, when I did open it, it was called a "tablemate", the box had a picture of a kid eating his tea off it on front of the telly. The table was not sturdy, was too small, and had a plastic top that would have been damaged by monomer or acetone. I asked him if I could return it but he said I'd gone over the 7 days so no. I referred this to paypal, and made it clear that the item has been misrepresented, and that I wanted to return it for a refund (I wasnt expecting to keep the goods aswell), and paypal decided in his favour, even though he had admitted to me in a previous email that he had innaccurately described the item. It was only £20 so not mega bucks, but I still had to go and buy another one. Oh, and the seller had described the item as reduced from £50 to £20 to clear stock and theres no way that table was worth £50 or even £20, he had completely ripped me off.

I hate paypal!!

OMG :grr::grr::grr: this woman is off her rocker i tell you, shes sent me an email back in reply to the one i sent asking for my brooch back and this is what she said ..........

This would be great BUT as you failed to send the item I won then it would be imposible to me to give you back something I never recieved. I put a paypal claim in for this reason as you would not refund my money and paypal have investigated this matter and have given me my money back. Matter now closed.

I really think this woman has some form of dimensia(sp) lol and she still wont tell me what it is she thinks she hasnt recieved from me? How the hell can she have anything off me that wasnt listed :mad::mad:

FFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSS :smack:

OMG :grr::grr::grr: this woman is off her rocker i tell you, shes sent me an email back in reply to the one i sent asking for my brooch back and this is what she said ..........

This would be great BUT as you failed to send the item I won then it would be imposible to me to give you back something I never recieved. I put a paypal claim in for this reason as you would not refund my money and paypal have investigated this matter and have given me my money back. Matter now closed.

I really think this woman has some form of dimensia(sp) lol and she still wont tell me what it is she thinks she hasnt recieved from me? How the hell can she have anything off me that wasnt listed :mad::mad:

FFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSS :smack:

Send her a copy of the messages she sent to you and tell her you are contemplating legal action.
Other than that I can't tell you what I would do other than in a PM :lol:

Send her a copy of the messages she sent to you and tell her you are contemplating legal action.
Other than that I can't tell you what I would do other than in a PM :lol:

Well funny you should say that judy because ive actually shown all the evidence to my solicitor and she even said that its all there in black and white to see.

Ive messaged this woman back telling her she can send me the brooch back and i will drop the appeal or she can choose to keep it and the appeal goes on and my solicitor will be kept up to date and not to be surprised if legal action is taken against her for fraud.

Wait and see what she comes back with...:mad:

Oh and she still wont tell me what it is she hasnt recieved...all sounds fishy to me, all she has to do is look at her items won and she will see its all there :grr:

Maybe she can't return it to you because she's re-sold it !

Latest posts

Back