Ebay, I've been 'had', advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pips

Reaction score
Before we carry on im placing no links and naming no names!!

Ok as mentioned in another post im giving up nails & beauty and since december last year ive slowly sorted alot of my nail items out like polishes, glitters, files etc (nothing profesional like monomer and powder)

In december last year i also placed 2 nail tech brooches, one sold with 2 bids and the other sold after 6 bids but the winner couldnt complete so i sent out a second chance offer. Now this person who got the second chance offer had made 2 bids and both was outbid <<<<< remember that bit!

She took me up on the offer and paid, i sent the item out and thought no more of it, untill i got a message on ebay on 28th december saying "Hi, been away, just got back, brooch sent is not what won or wanted, regards M)

So this tells me she recieved it but i dont understand about this not what she wants or won bit??!!?? She will not tell me what it is she seems to think it is she had won (dont forget my other brooch sold and there was no bids on it from her anyway):grr:

Anyway to cut a long story short she started a dispute saying item was not recieved (even though she had an item from me that she didnt want)
It couldnt be sorted between us as like i said its not what she won or wanted even though it has her bids on it ffs so i escelated it to paypal, spent hours on the phone to them, spent pounds faxing them documents and then tonight i get an email.:mad:

After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favour of the
buyer. Under the terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer

FFs im so mad, she sends me an email saying she got it but its not what she won, so how can paypal decide she never recieved it?
Maybe she didnt recieve what she had bid on but it wasnt from me, ive got all the emails, listings etc saved showing all the bids she made, second chance offer she accepted, reciept for payment, email saying recieved but dont want it (well she got it and her fkn money back)

What would you lot do? appeal? leave it? Ive emailed her asking to send me my brooch back (not that i'll see it) im phoning paypal up tomorrow and having it out with them and concidering transfering my paypal money to my bank account and closing it down, i feel so let down over all this.

Yikes what an ordeal! I would ask for the brooch back and make sure the people at E-Bay and PayPal know you have asked for it back. Of course the cow will probably expect postage! Ask what happens if she doesn't send the brooch back. I can't understand how they said that the buyer didn't receive the item when she clearly said "it was the wrong one". Yeesh!
Good luck and let us know if anything changes.

How annoying for you! A similar thing happened to me a few years ago, I was absolutely gobsmacked that Paypal sided with the buyer but I have since realised they always side with the buyer. I have no idea why. I don't think they even read the 'evidence' they just side with the buyer and send out a standard email telling you.

i dont trust paypal , i once sold something quite expensive got the money and "tried " to send it to my account in the bank .. it never got there , i emailed em and was told it wasnt there problem , end of ,
am sure they shafted me !! coz i know what account details i put in ,
so if i ever sell anything now i get a cheque unless its only a couple of quid
hth xx

how the hell can she get away with saying that its not what she had bid on... Hellooooooooooo she was sat there doing the bidding!!!

im sure there is something more you can do.

I would get on the phone to paypal and tell them your gonna close your account and file a complaint.

cheeky beggers!!!:eek:

yeah id appeal, even though its hassle its worth it. contact paypal head office, and also trading standards or CAB, and make a note of how much money you sepnd faxing and ringing paypal u might end up getting that refunded too
x

have you requested sellers details hun? try giving her a ring :) I know how you feel, we have been rripped off for over £400 for a drum kit that never came, and about £6 for a foundation - doesnt matter how much it is it still makes you feel angry and upset! :) good luck xx

how much money are we talking here...??

Sadly this is Paypal all over. As it and Ebay are now essentially the same thing they can do pretty much what they want. Read the Ebay Community boards and you'll see your experience time and time again. On Ebay the buyer is almost always right. The number of times I have seen sellers say on there that buyers have claimed item not recieved yet they had left feedback or mailed to say they had the item. They then get their money back and they still have the item. The whole system is flawed period.

Just a quick update to let you know how i got on....

Ive phoned paypal up yet again and told them how angry and upset i am that they could side with the buyer after all the evidence i have and dont expect any favours from me where paypal is concerned as i wont recommend them and will be taking out my money and transfering it to my bank. (not that i have much but when your scraping the bottom of the barrel every penny counts right!)

Ive sent a email to their complaints department giving a link to every message/email the buyer has sent me and highlighted my points so they stand out and slap them in the face like a wet fish!

Also told them that it was the seller that logged a dispute with ebay over goods not recieved even though i have a message saying she had recieved it but its not what she wants, and it was ME who escelated a claim to paypal as i thought the seller was a fraud.

FFs why would i escelate a claim against myself?!? im sure paypal employ retards cos they sure as hell act like one.

Just got to wait now, they sent an email saying it can take up to 30 day for them to look into it :irked:

Angie, we arnt talking a huge amount here, just under a tenna but thats not the point, im a firm believer of standing up for what i believe in and i know a con merchant when i come across one.

Ide like to know where she gets her stock from as she sells loads of beauty supplies!

I agree in standing up for whats right pip, but i also think that sometimes...especially if it is causing us upset, agro, time, effort...ect....its better to let it go.

She knows she is a con...you know she is a con...what comes around goes around...her time will come...but right now as well as ripping you off she is also winding you up, taking your time, and causing you stress......don't let her.

You dont need anyone, let alone paypal to tell you that you did nothing wrong...you already know that and so does she.

xxx:hug:

Something similar happened to me Pips, we sold a set of golf clubs on ebay, described them as it said in the catalogue, but they had signs of minimal use, hubby had only used them 3 times. Anyway, we sold them for £150, so that was to us alot of money!

The buyer got them, left positive Feedback, then lodged a dispute to say that they were heavily used and not at all what was in the description!

It ended in the £150 been taken back from our bank and there was not a thing we could do about it!

Like you I spent a long time trying to sort it out with Paypal and ebay, but nothing doing, it was useless!

I feel your pain, I usually love ebay, but this really narked me tbh, and now we are without a set of golf clubs and £150!!!!!!!!!!

i really cant believe that they can get away with taking money as well as keeping the goods surely they should enforce the return of the item.......it down right takes the mick!!!!!!!
i think you are doing the right thing by taking it further and if i were you complain to watchdog through there web site...if enough people do it that have been wrong done they launch an investigation.
good luck, i hope all is resolved, xx

i feel for you this happened to me over xmas i listed a box full of lush stuff worth bout £40 coz i was totally skint! it sold for £25 (well under what it was worth) i posted it out along with other stuff every1 got their items except this one woman who said she didnt funnily enough thou she didnt reply 2 any of my messages and filed a complaint with paypal they belived her over me and refunded her so now my paypal account is barred!! so not only did she get £40 worth of goods she also got her £25 quid back!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:......... (grr ive made myself angry about it all over again)

i really cant believe that they can get away with taking money as well as keeping the goods surely they should enforce the return of the item.......it down right takes the mick!!!!!!!
Tbh there isnt much they can do to enforce it is there?

Its the same old trick with some nasty ebayers, they say they sent it and it never arrives, and its them who end up better off! The blighters!!!:irked:

i would complain like you have to pay pal...you mentioned that she received the item and did not want it....did she send it back to you????....i know its under a tenner but i would fight for what is right cos this is not...i think e-bay and paypal STINK xxx

I don't have a Paypal account and by the sounds of it it's a good job too!

We pay for whatever we buy with postal orders and they're sent via recorded delivery (just to be on the safe side).

I agree, you should continue to complain to Paypal, these kind of people shouldn't be allowed to get away with this sort thing, whose to say she won't do it again to somebody else (although you'd like to think people arn't that scheming)?

As for not sending your item back to you:eek:, well that's terrible talk about getting something for nothing! I'd feel too ashamed to keep it.

The nerve of some people :mad:

sorry your upset, I've had a few problems with eb*y! but have to say paypal were helpfull. I bought job lot of new clothing once for £180, and on another occasion a stereo which was £200. Both of which I NEVER recieved!!! paypal did give me part of the money back for both (£105) so Im still out of pocket!! The first one (£180) has been reported to the police 12 months ago, as they sold alot of stuff to everyone and no-one received anything, so we all reported them!! they have'nt got them still!! ££££££ they stole from people, its terrible!! how do they get away with it????? (I didn't report the £200 case to the police, I thought they'd think I was having a laugh!!) I have learnt a lesson now!! Im VERY VERY carefull about who I buy from and their feedback rating!

Always send items Recorded delivery, then you have a record that you have sent them and the buyer has received them.. If buying an item, try to get the seller to send it recorded delivery, then you can prove they have/haven't sent it and you have/haven't received it. If the seller won't send it recorded delivery (suspicious in itself if you are offering to pay extra for it) get them to ask for a certificate of posting. This is free from the Post Office and they can use it to prove they have sent it, so you can get the Post Office to try to find the item.

Even going by the feedback ratings is not great. People are very reluctant to give negative feedback, because what an unscrupulous buyer does is returns negative feedback, even though you have done nothing wrong. This then spoils your rating.

Ebay is great if it works. If it doesn't, then watch out!

Marion x

Recently someone gave me a printer but it had no power cable so I bought one off ebay. It didn't arrived I waited about 2 weeks, emailed the seller a number of times, never got a single reply. So... I made a complaint to Paypal. That day, the seller despatched the cable and the next day I received it.

Great, I was happy, it was all forgotten about. Then a few days later I got a refund from Paypal. I was horrified! I paid the seller again, yes he was naughty being slow with the despatch but I couldn't believe Paypal just refunded my money willy-nilly AFTER I had received the cable.

Latest posts

Back