Ebay - nail art pens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeburrows

Reaction score
Hi
I've seen a lot of nail art pens on ebay for £1.50 +P&P.
Anyone tried them?
I don't want to make a mistake if they're no good.
Any recommendations?

Nail art pens are really useful. I bought my 1st lot from ebay, razzledazzle I think & they were all OK. One didn't flow properly so I sent it back & they changed it no problem.
I also bought some by Stargazer & I hate them . They have polish in them as opposed to a water based paint, they have a full brush not a striper on one end & they take an age to dry!
When I need some more I am going to try the ones from Millennium. They are water based, have about 70+ colours & are only about £1.50 each ( plus VAT & P+P ).
HTH

Sonia

I've got my eye on some of their empty bottles too, as I have some polishes of my own that I'd like to try in them, and I think they're a great idea.
Are the acrylic paints that most people sell in nail art sets and pens or stripers any different to acrylic craft paints? I ask because I have hundreds of them (the runnier bottled type rather than the thicker, tube sort) and wondered if I could mix up colours using them.
If anyone wants to put an order in with Millennium any time sort, would they PM me? I have some stuff on my wishlist but I'm not sure yet if I'd meet the £15 minimum order, and provided no-one's ordering anything too heavy, it shouldn't take too many more ££ to divide up and post out everyone's separate pieces.
Lol x

I BOUGHT SOME NAIL ART PENS FROM EBAY AND I ORDERED FAR TOO MANY!!! AS I ALWAYS DO!!!
I REALLY LIKE THEM ....ALTHOUGH I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A FEW!!!
THE CONSISTENCY HOWEVER DOES TEND TO THICKEN ON THE WHITE QUITE QUICKLY THOUGH!
i THINK IF YOU ARE REALLY BIG ON NAIL ART THEN I WOULD INVEST IN SOME THINK LIKE THE NUBAR PENS AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE REALLLY GOOD......BUT FOR PRACTISE AND EXPERIMENTING THE EBAY ONES ARE FAB......I LOVE DOING A FRENCH MANICURE WITH THE STRIPING END.........

IN ALL HONESTY MY IDEAL WOULD BE.....CND ENAMEL IN THOSE BOTTLES......A PERFECT PEN AND A PERFECT ENAMEL!!

AS FOR THE MILLENIUM ONES I AM NOT IMPRESSED....DOES N E ONE ELSE USE THEM?......I FOUND THEY CLOG UP REALLY EASILY AND THE COLOUR ALWAYS LOOKS COMPLTELY DIFFERENT ONCE TOP COAT HAS BEEN APPLIED!!

I STILL HAVE MY EXCESS NAIL ART PENS THEY HAV'NT BEEN USED.....AND HAVE ALL BEEN CHECKED TO MAKE SURE THEY WORK...........YOU CAN HAVE THEM AT £1 A PIECE.......OTHER WISE THEY ARE JUST GONNA GET WASTED ALONG WITH ALL MY OTHER NAIL BUYS!!!

AS FOR THE MILLENIUM ONES I AM NOT IMPRESSED....DOES N E ONE ELSE USE THEM?......I FOUND THEY CLOG UP REALLY EASILY AND THE COLOUR ALWAYS LOOKS COMPLTELY DIFFERENT ONCE TOP COAT HAS BEEN APPLIED!!

i really like 'em. i find that if you store them upright and use the pin in the base to clear the nozzle before you put the lid back on it prevents any problems. you would probably be able to un bung yours by soaking the nozzle/brush component in some hot soapy water for half an hour and brushing any clogged up paint out with a toothbrush.you can add a teeny drop of water to the paint if it seems to have thickened.

angel fingers said:

i really like 'em. i find that if you store them upright and use the pin in the base to clear the nozzle before you put the lid back on it prevents any problems. you would probably be able to un bung yours by soaking the nozzle/brush component in some hot soapy water for half an hour and brushing any clogged up paint out with a toothbrush.you can add a teeny drop of water to the paint if it seems to have thickened.

thanx hun i will give it a try!

i didnt get on with my pens they r too much hassel if they clog up, i prefer my paint brushes and acrylic paint just my opinion xx

i dropped one of my pens and bent the tip... have yet to see if it still works lol!!

I would personally use the water based pens when you can get them as if you use the ones with nail varnish in them and make a mistake you can't rectify it without ruining your design.

At least with the water based pens you can use a cotton bud dipped in water to rectify your mistakes.

Latest posts

Back