eBay-taking the mick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
Can you believe someone selling shellac on eBay and then having the cheek to add a link to the cnd tutorial videos on CND's website?!
Is it my eyes or.....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334697466.673961.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334697466.673961.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 347
No, it doesn't surprise me at all.
I remember one ebay seller who was offering an led light to cure Shelac with!
They 'garantied it work with Shelac, Shelac company tell them it true'
yep that was how it was written, what a joke.

A girl in my college class has just bought from this seller im sure! And is convinced (even after having had training last week) that you can just use any old lamp!
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

She needs a good slap on her hands... Instead of selling the products on there, she needs to just get her finger out & earn her money through proper toil & graft ! Far more profit that way !!! Less hassle I imagine too !

Why do distributors sell to these people? If she was on eBay selling with her name & number - why can't her account be closed by the distributor? This just winds me up :lol:

Why do distributors sell to these people? If she was on eBay selling with her name & number - why can't her account be closed by the distributor? This just winds me up :lol:

Distributors do not sell to these people. They get their shellac by other means.

To close these accounts is a long winded process and costs a lot of manpower and money. Even if they do close this one down, another one will sure to pop up immediately.

Personally, I prefer my distributors to spend their time,money and resources to provide me with better products and education instead. :D

It's actually a mans name, so maybe he's getting it from another source?

But my main issue with this is that they have a link to the CND website, its making out to people that they are some way connected x

It's called the report button and you just keep doing it.

If any of us get so riled up about this, then take action, cause every little bit of action helps I reckon.

Only last month, I spent time continually reporting a Ebay member for selling a dodgy product but with claims it was an original CND product.
I just kept reporting and reporting, they kept taking her listings down and she gave up, I am yet to see this product back listed on Ebay.
But what I also did was email her and tell her how much of a disgrace she was to our industry etc etc and why.
I also reminded her that there could be legal ramifications for her if CND get wind of what she is doing and I told her that I passed on her listings etc to CND and wished her luck if she finds herself in any legal trouble for doing what she was doing.

Yes, it's only ONE person but one less than a month ago and I'm not one for sitting back and getting upset about something, if I'm not prepared to actually do something to fix it.

So when you see something like this, report it to all parties concerned and then you know you have done something to help in some small way:)

It's called the report button and you just keep doing it.

If any of us get so riled up about this, then take action, cause every little bit of action helps I reckon.

Only last month, I spent time continually reporting a Ebay member for selling a dodgy product but with claims it was an original CND product.
I just kept reporting and reporting, they kept taking her listings down and she gave up, I am yet to see this product back listed on Ebay.
But what I also did was email her and tell her how much of a disgrace she was to our industry etc etc and why.
I also reminded her that there could be legal ramifications for her if CND get wind of what she is doing and I told her that I passed on her listings etc to CND and wished her luck if she finds herself in any legal trouble for doing what she was doing.

Yes, it's only ONE person but one less than a month ago and I'm not one for sitting back and getting upset about something, if I'm not prepared to actually do something to fix it.

So when you see something like this, report it to all parties concerned and then you know you have done something to help in some small way:)

Too right my Ozzie friend. Fire off an email to CND, Sweet Squared and report. If all the geeks who spend time on eBay looking for these things actually did something about it it could actually make a difference.

Too right my Ozzie friend. Fire off an email to CND, Sweet Squared and report. If all the geeks who spend time on eBay looking for these things actually did something about it it could actually make a difference.

That's exactly what I did Geeg and I will continue to do so.

For me, I just don't see the point in getting upset about this (or anything for that matter) if I'm not prepared to do something about it.
Yes, I'm just one tech but if every tech did their little bit surely it will make a difference.
Trust me:) I'm quickly checking every day to see if the seller I reported has relisted her items. There's no point in me looking for her exact ID because she will just start another user ID, I look for the product itself and if and when it appears again, I will do the same exact thing.
Yes, I got an earful (via email) from the lady but I didn't give up, she did and that is what I wanted to achieve.

I think the point has been made here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back