Echoing the 80's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasnt really into 80,s spandau ballet wham or anything like that
i am a WHO fan allways have been scince i can remember (dad got me into them)
i love them and the kinks.
late 80,s i did like stone roses, happy mondays, and james.still love james brilliant clleaning music

Fab Freak said:
Wild Boys by Duran Duran oohhh Simon LeBON strapped down to a windmill half naked - what teenage dreams are made off..

I am still gutted I missed their reunion concerts last year - where was the publicty

I can still sing this word for word 18 years on..lol but cant remember onnychoyscoos - wots it dodah :lol:
I went to see them at the MEN in Manchester in April.....ooooh it was fab!
Got the 'best of' CD in the car and my 4 year old knows all the words to Wild Boys....good lad!

erm... on friday night i went to see... Whitesnake... they were about 6o!!!! it was a sellout... off to see the Damned next sunday... however at whitesnake i was shocked at the amount of men still walking this earth with Mullets!!!!! scrunched dried mullets at that!!! is there really any need!!!!

how bizzare my dad popped round tonight he has got us tickets to see a band play at the floral hall scince my mum died he hasnt really done anything fun for a long time......................we are going to see status quo :irked:
should be fun if only to see my dad have a good time.
(hand on hip time..........i think thats how you dance to status quo isntit hands on hips swinging the old elbows.
i went to see ub40 last year at brighton my mates fave band and i wasnt a fAN but it was brilliant saw the stranglers as the opening at ......brill
"walking on the beaches lookin at the peaches da dada"

joannerowsell said:
"walking on the beaches lookin at the peaches da dada"
dada dada da!!

My brother saw status quo about 25 years ago - still says they are the best band he has seen live! Yeah get those hands on hips and swing em like mad!!

It's gotta be A-ha for me. I had a major crush on Morten Harket. Bought their CD and DVD a few weeks ago and have constantly played them since much to my fiance's horror!

Also had a big New Kids on the Block crush as well - went to see them at Wembley and it was fantastic!! I was in soooooooo in love with Joey!!!

Culture Club n Nik Kershaw for me peeps, and of course Maddonna and even a youngish bloke called Michael Jackson.........whatever happened to him!!!!!!
Heaven 17- Temptation- cleaning record if ever there was!!!!
Of course Eurythmics... the list is endless and I will admit, I had ra ra skirts too! just don't tell anyone!!!!:o

Watsa matta u HEY y u loka so sad..........:o (u know ur singing along!!!)

Debz xxxx

Debz said:
I had ra ra skirts too 0 Debz xxxx
Me too + Tucka Boots!!! My favorite band when I was grwoing up was The Police - I saw them 3 times and was so in love with Stuart Copeland! My oldest bro was the biggest influence on me - I was also a massive rock chick - AC/DC, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Journey etc - my mum hated it!! Then I really became a New Romantic (talk about complet opposite :confused: - and mum was happy) and love so many of the groups mentioned in this thread, but the song that brings that 80's 'oh my god I am so old' tear to me eye is 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' - it just brings school memories, Youth Club etc flooding back! I wouldn't want to go back there now, but I sure have a love for that time of my life! :cry:

i've had soooo much fun reading this thread!
well done gmg!
my whole existance & appearance from 1978-1983 depended on what music i was into!
1978- pony tail & net skirts aka "grease", then spikey pink hair thanx to the sex pistols!
1980- grade 1 skinhead with the hairsprayed fringe mentioned b4 due to the specials & madness,madness they call it madness!!!!! (ONE STEP BEYOND!)
1981- the skinhead stayed put (not sure who was more upset, mum or grammar school headmistress!)
1982- beehive- THE JAM- still my all time favourite. i met paul this yr, he managed to get just 1 ticket for the last concert ever of the jam, i was sooo jealous! i also owned a genuine u.s. army parka & trench coat from carnaby st!
1982-85- i was at college. paul & i went to loads of gigs. to name a few..
culture club
UB40
bad manners
madonna
micheal jackson
U2
the pretenders
there is a tribute band called The Jamm. we have seen them locally 3 times.
considering paul & i are their biggest fans, we think they're the closest thing we've ever heard or seen.we don't get them so much now, as they're much bigger now.
very hard to name a fave track, but i think "happy together now" reminds me of paul & i lying on his bed listening to jam records for hours on end!
liza x

All that can be said about the 80's now is ......Bring on the shoulder pads!!!!!!

O dear best I have a lie down I think.
All this remenising can't be good on an empty stomach!
"Nurse! Pass the Thunderbird"!!!!!!!!

Debz xxx

Shaza I too love Northern Soul, looking into going to a Caisters weekend. Fave track so far......... Brainstorm - Lovin is really my game. When this is on the turntable GET OUT OF MY WAY..........TORNADO PASSING THROUGH

And Liza -The Jam. I LOVE PAUL WELLER. Seen him about 4 times, last gig he did a few Jam/Style Council tracks....TOWN CALLED MALICE....YEAH YEAH YEAH but if I ever went to a gig & he didn't do Broken Stones I would be heartbroken, that's one of my funeral songs !!!!!!!! That and 'Ave Maria'. I missed The Jamm, they were in my area early Oct but got my dates wrong & missed them DOH

A great gig to go to though has to be Bad Manners. Been loads of times & it's always a wicked night. If you don't want to get shoed up the ass stay right back ( where you'll find me ) but if you're up for sweaty, beer drenching Doc Martins up your jacksee congregate front of stage ( Pauls domain ) & take spare clothes to drive home in

The thing that makes me laugh is that when a song is in the charts & me & Paul ( my other half ) know the words our 2 eldest children ask us if it's a cover cos we can't be so hip & knowledgeable CAN WE.

OMG - forget all the dude bands, I've just bought The Very Best of Disco .Com. It's serious cheese, but it's fab - my daughter and dogs are currently "flashdancing"!!! You just can't help singing along to all the songs, I suddenly feel very upbeat !!

............... and Joanne Rowsell it's got "build me up buttercup playing" now, bit of a row mixed in with my dogs barking at the fireworks!! Bet you're dancing at the mention of this one!

I was a new romantic girl![/QUOTE]
OOOOH me too! Duranie through and through me. Went to see them in April and they ROCKED....in fact they were so hot we went back 2 weeks later and saw them again!!! Went with my bestest buddie of 20 years and it was talking about DD that brought us together in the first place! We were 14 all over again...and JT still floats my boat...if you know what I mean!!:biggrin: :Grope: :Love:

I loved the 80's, going around singing Relax don't do it (Frankie goes to Hollywood) And wearing a t-shirt with Relax written across it and wearing those silly flourescent socks different colour on each foot I thought I was cool, I was 12 at the time. I really liked Simon Le Bon and Adam ant, I had the stationary for school with Adam ant all over it, and me dancing around my bedroom singing out loud Stand and deliver. Looking back at it now it was fun back then. :)

Sassy Hassy said:
OMG - forget all the dude bands, I've just bought The Very Best of Disco .Com. It's serious cheese, but it's fab - my daughter and dogs are currently "flashdancing"!!! You just can't help singing along to all the songs, I suddenly feel very upbeat !!

............... and Joanne Rowsell it's got "build me up buttercup playing" now, bit of a row mixed in with my dogs barking at the fireworks!! Bet you're dancing at the mention of this one!
i need youuuuuuuuuuu more than anyone darlin ...........wheres the karioki machine..........can feel a song coming on :eek:

Found a mad dancing flower in Debenhams last week sings

"build me up buttercup" bought it for boy childs 18th birthday, it reminds him and his friends of their prom a couple of years ago and they all know the words

:)

its a classic
another one is
brown eyed girl i love that one and steve harley and cockney rebel.....make me smile

Steady ladies!!!

I can feel a slow steady regression to the 70's coming on!!!!!

Latest posts

Back