Eco friendly vegan cruelty free

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyemlou

Reaction score
Hi, I am just starting my own self employed Holistic Beauty business and am looking to use vegan/cruelty free/eco products. Can anyone recommend a barbicide type disinfectant and tool cleanser please?

Hi. I've been looking for something as well. Can't find anything! There was one I found, I think it was Lucas products, but it's in the USA and when I contacted them they said they don't have a distributor in Europe.
Please let me know if you find anything!
I found it (and am still finding it) to be quite a struggle to buy everything vegan and cruelty free, eco friendly and as natural as possible.
Good luck, I hope your new business does really well.

What are you guys doing about cotton wool, can replace for facials but what about nails etc. Are you washing towels in washing nuts or powder? Or using disposables for towels which I believe are better than washing but I find that difficult to accept lol.

What are you guys doing about cotton wool, can replace for facials but what about nails etc. Are you washing towels in washing nuts or powder? Or using disposables for towels which I believe are better than washing but I find that difficult to accept lol.
I am still using cotton wool for nails (is this really bad?), I use one hot towel per facial, I use disposable towels for pedicures, and I'm thinking of buying an eco egg for the rest of my towels (I'm not sure what washing nuts are but I will investigate!)
I've still got so much to learn about being eco friendly, but I'm doing the best that I can at the moment.
I'm always open to tips and suggestions from anyone :)

Cotton wool seems to be really bad uses loads of water and pesticides I believe. Organic cotton wool obvs a bit better but would really like to avoid cotton wool altogether if possible, but struggling to find an alternative for nails.

They look great thank you x

Hi, I am just starting my own self employed Holistic Beauty business and am looking to use vegan/cruelty free/eco products. Can anyone recommend a barbicide type disinfectant and tool cleanser please?

Regardless of whether the cleaning and disinfection products are vegan you need to use them. Your own safety comes before that.

I am a vegan, 4 years. No way would I let skanky feet in my pedi bowl or near my tools without barbicide.

You can use a vegan washing up liquid or soap to scrub the tools etc first that’s easy enough, then barbicide after.

It’s cruelty free and while not confirmed vegan, none of the ingredients flat as ones that may be derived from an animal. I have a statement on my website explaining that and none of my vegan clients have a problem with it, they don’t want fungus feet either.

Latest posts

Back