Eco friendly ways to clean feet before reflexology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemma890

Reaction score
Hi as the title suggests I'm looking for recommendations on how to cleanse the feet, with as little waste as possible before a reflexology session. Currently I'm using wipes which I know are really bad for the environment. The only other option I can think of is to just use cotton wool.
What does everyone else use?
Thanks

I have always soaked and washed feet prior to reflexology . It was a fundamental in my training that we made the treatment as relaxing as we could.
If feet were smelly , it stopped the client feeling any embarrasment too.
So nothing there to dispose of other than a bowl of soapy water.
Try that , I always have done it.
RosieR

I use hot towels / mitts which I then wash and reuse. Clients love them.

Hi as the title suggests I'm looking for recommendations on how to cleanse the feet, with as little waste as possible before a reflexology session. Currently I'm using wipes which I know are really bad for the environment. The only other option I can think of is to just use cotton wool.
What does everyone else use?
Thanks

Feet are just not something I compromise on. Most of the ones I see require gloves and chlorexadhine (spelling errrr) the pink stuff by sterex before I will even dunk them in a pedicure bowl for a wash. Otherwise any hygiene spray or alcohol spray should suffice but I always use a cotton pad or compostable hand towel to wipe any toe fluff off (kaeso do a lovely grapefruit and mandarin hygiene spritzes). The most eco friendly would be compostable towels but you can always wash regular flannels, if you do a lot of reflexology that’s just like one big wash of flannels to do.

Huge bowl of water or better still a foot spa for the client to soak (and clean!)their feet whilst I complete their consultation form. I wasnt taught this when I trained, i was told to use surgical spirit on cotton wool to clean.

But I see a warm soak as a really good start to relaxing the client in prep for their treatment.

Latest posts

Back