Eczema on fingers - how do i soak off acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can help. I am mobile and i have had a lady enquire about getting some acrylics soaked off but said she has eczema on her fingers so obviously soaking the nails off may be a problem. Does anybody know the best way to deal with this and how it can be done? :confused:

Hi all, hope you can help. I am mobile and i have had a lady enquire about getting some acrylics soaked off but said she has eczema on her fingers so obviously soaking the nails off may be a problem. Does anybody know the best way to deal with this and how it can be done? :confused:

How do you normally soak off?

I have mild eczema, but find that placing a small ball of cotton wool soaked in product remover on the nail and wrapping in foil is fine.

I suppose you could gently buff it off too, or buff off the bulk and use product remover as above for the rest to minimise the time the skin would come into contact with it.

I would ensure that I did use product remover though and not just acetone as it will be gentler on the skin, as it contains conditioners. I'd also probably massage solar oil or the like into the skin aroud the nail first...offer some moisturising protection.

Yep thats what I would do to, but also maybe apply a barrier cream around the fingers, then reduce the bulk of the product with a file, then cotton wool and foil.......
How bad is it at the moment??? and deffo use product remover and not pure acetone, this is very drying....
Or fingers dipped in a parafine wax bath,tripple dip, remove wax from nail plate with an orange stick and apply cotton wool soaked in product remover just covering the nail plate and foil it..
Followed by a fab little manicure.....

Latest posts

Back