Eczema On My Face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Hello i've not posted in this bit before,normally I post in the nail bit,but just wondered if any of you could offer me any advice....I get very dry flaky skin patches on my cheeks,which a few years back my GP said was eczema and gave me steroid cream for,but after another GP said this cream would thin my skin I stopped using it.It is'nt sore or itchy just very dry and looks awful when I apply makeup as it "cakes" around the patches! I have tried E34 cream,aquaious cream (spelt wrong) but they are all very sticky and horrid,at the moment I use the Body Shops hemp cream as I read in a mag that was good...but again its very sticky! any ideas???? appreciate any feedback thank you xxx:?: :D

And before anyone says it...I have read the other Eczema thread posted today,but with the face I don't think you can apply some of the things people might use on the body??? lol xxx

Aveeno is good, u can get it from the dr's or at boots, i swear by it, it is herbal made from porrige oats works better than eveything i've ever tried! hth

the also have a website if u google it. x

Aveeno is good, u can get it from the dr's or at boots, i swear by it, it is herbal made from porrige oats works better than eveything i've ever tried! hth

the also have a website if u google it. x

My daughter (4) is suffering really badly with it at the moment especially around her eyes and face.
I took her to the GP and they gave her the Aveeno bath oil and the moisturiser, have to say not keen on the oil but the moisturiser has worked a treat.
I basically lathered her in the stuff the other night before she went to bed, didn't rub it completly in and the next morning massive improvement.
I suggest give it a go.....have also been told that the cream in the tube is really good as well.
HTH:D

Calmo Derme cream by Collin can really help it's relatively pricey but does the trick.

I suffer from really bad excema and I have tried everything and anything! Currently on treatment, since I have become pregnant my excema on my face is really bad. So doctors have recommened Hydromol moisturister. It works wonders. Really good. You should go to your gp and see if he can prescribe it for you. It comes in a big tub.

Have any of you tried treating it internally? My sister is covered in eczema from head to toe, my boyfriend also suffers from it. I had heard about using flax seed oil, and my sister tried it, and said her eczema had never been as cleared up as it was after 1 week of taking it. You can buy it in a bottle form and just add a tea spoon or two to a protein shake or anything you are cooking, or you can take it in a capsule. It is amazing. And flax is so good for us in other ways too.

Brilliant!!! thank you all so much will def give Aveeno and flax a go,really appreciate ALL your replies xxxx

And before I offend anyone,lol....will visit Doc for hydromol if they dont work,but will try shops stuff first as Doc is a bit snotty!....and if that doesn't work will try the expensive one,lol thanks again xx

My mum gets really bad excema. She uses anything by ST Ives she swears by it, and so does my nanna who has lovely skin.

xxxxx

I had eczema on my face before,dry patches..stereoid cream is the only thing that works for me,but it shouldt be used for longer than 1 week at the time and not around the eyes.Never had any problems with it,and was the only cream that worked.I also go a lot more to the solarium at the winter cos sun keeps the eczema away.

Yes mine is better in the summer,because of the sun,but I don't use sunbeds so rules that out,lol! I use St Ives body creams and they are great so might give that a go,thanks xxx

hey there, this is my first post and i actually thought i HAD to write..ive suffered terrible eczema all of my life and its nasty having dry skin on your face i would dread going into shops or bright lighting because there dried out lumps of foundation and powder over my dry skin would show!
...i hate steroid creams and throughout this last year working in a natural homepathic remidy shop and before that working in lush cosmetics advise you use celestial facial moisturiser from lush, its like 795 a bit pricey but i swear by it now and its the only cream ive ever used that smells really present is vegan and 100% organic and natural if you dont have a lush shop near you can get it off the net, before i put celestial on i use palmers cocoa butter formula it took a few weeks for this one to kick in but it also smells like chocolat eto start and cocoa butter is a main component in lots of skincare products, i also use alveeno, you can get your doctor to prescribe it for you, avoid e45 diprobase ultrabase etc as these are far more chemical and contain bi products from the petrol industry that are far cheaper to flog on rather than to dispose of, especially vaseline so i was taugh in my training at lush!
hope this helps i could rant on forever and if you want to know more about the process of whats happening to your skin i can expand and stuff
daynax.

i found that when i had a huge reaction to nearly everything i was using in the industry i used rescue remedie by bach remedies. you get it in a cream and from all herbal shops and boots. it worked a treat! it's natural and gentle. recomend it to anyone- and if you are a bit stressed out they also do a spray or drops which you place on your tounge to help with stresful moments in life- its a life saver i carry it everywhere!
good luck alex

i also use the bach flower remedies cuz i get really bad anxiety and they used to sell all of them where i worked the drops taste like pure alcohol though!x

SOS intense nutrition face cream by matis is fantastic for eczema on the face!!

I try not to use steroid creams but sometimes they are the only things that help. I am using Flucinar at the moment which I don't think is available in the UK but works better for me than Hydrocortisone, Betnovate etc. Maybe you could ask your doctor about it.

I didn't get along with aloe vera or herbal remedies but I think it depends on the person. My favourite moisturiser for the face is MAC Studio Moisture cream, it is really fantastic. MAC are good at giving out samples so if you went to a counter and explained you have sensitive skin with eczema but had heard that the Studio Moisture might be okay then they should let you have a sample.

Good luck finding what works for you, I know it gets difficult. I also use St Ives facial scrub, the original in the peachy tube. It's quite scratchy but gets rid of the bits of dead flaky skin.

Just Seen All Your Replies,so Helpful Will Definatly Give Some Of Them Ago,really Been Getting Me Down At The Mo,so Open To Trying Anything! Really Grateful To You All Thank You Xxx

the taste of alcohol is good tho! x

MY SON HAS SUFFERED WITH EXZEMA FOR 9 YEARS....

HIS FACE WAS THE WORST PART OF HIS BODY UNTIL THE DOC PRESCRIBED DERMOL 2000.

ITS A CREAM IN A GREEN SQUEEZY PUMP BOTTLE IT CAN BE USED AS A MOISTURISER OR AS A SHOWER/BATH WASH.

hE GETS INTO THE BATH TO WET HIS BODY AND I SMOOTHER HIM IN IT HE THEN BATHES I DO NOT WASH IT OFF I LET IT SOAK INTO HIS SKIN FACE INCLUDED WHEN HE HAS 15 MINUTES SOAK HE GETS OUT WE PAT HIM DRY AND HE APPLYS MORE ONTO DRY SKIN THIS IS USUALLY ENOUGH TO KEEP HIS SKIN SUPPLE..
ONCE IT IS UNDER CONTROL WHICH CAN TAKE 4 DAYS WE STICK TO THE ROUTINE AND HE VERY RARE GETS A BREAK OUT ON HIS FACE.

I ALSO APPLY VASELINE TO HIS FACE IF THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD AS IT ACTS AS A BARRIER AND STOPS THE WIND DRYING HIS SKIN OUT HTH XX

Latest posts

Back