Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have eczema on my lower legs, mainly. Dermatologist prescribed an emollient and steroid cream for bad breakouts, but I needed something for everyday use as the itching was driving me crazy. They were bleeding, so sore and red raw.

I googled and came up with pure aloe vera lotion. I need to slap it on 2-3 times a day, when I feel one of those hot/skin ripping sessions coming on and it's helping a lot. My legs are looking a lot better and the relief is pretty much instant. Make sure it's 'Pure' aloe vera, though, and I get mine in Boots' chemist.

I use E45 wash to wash my hands, Boots do their own version. It really helps. Also since cutting out foods I'm intolerant to I've seen a big improvement.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Porridge oats :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone suffer from eczema? I suffer badly and at the minute I could cry :( have you found anything works?

My son had eczema, fortunately he grew out if it, literally, started in his face, as he grew, it worked down to his calves and vanished..
Dr prescribed him Alpha Kerry bath oil, it doesn't sit on top of the water it mixes in and turns it white, really helped him

I have found something that works and will work on everyone! Let me know if you want to know more xx

Then share ? These "pm me for details" are nearly always a scam/pyramid selling. if you found the miracle, then why not name it?

I feel your pain I used to get it all over my body when I was younger but now I only get it on my hands. But recently been getting it really bad because I changed the type of washing powder I use.

I've been using betnovate steroid cream my whole life and the skin on my hands is very thin now because of this. I've recently started using forever living aloe prosperous cream. It's really good although I do find you need to apply it a few times a day and it's quite expensive. For how often you need to use it.But anything is better than steroid creams.

Also I recently bought this stuff in salon services called dermacura rejuvaderm cream because it said its meant to help with eczema and psoriasis. I've only used it twice and I found it to be very sticky so I can't really say much about it but sure anything is worth a try.

I also tried this stuff called moo goo a few years ago it's a whole range for eczema it's from New Zealand made with Sheeps milk I think. I stopped isn't it because it was so drying on my skin. They do other products so I might go back and try the shower gel because I have terrible dry skin and just can't use normal shower gels

Just checked and this is what I use ...

'A Passion For Natural'

100% organic Aloe Vera Lotion

It costs £6.99 from Boots' chemist, but I can always get a 'Buy 2 get one free' deal on it. It absorbs quite well, isn't sticky and brings almost instant relief. I need to apply it usually about 2/3 times a day or whenever I start to feel my skin getting hot/itchy inbetween. I really recommend trying it, much better and safer than steroid creams. Has to be worth a shot! :)

I have found something that works and will work on everyone! Let me know if you want to know more xx

Then why keep it a secret? Share it with everyone of it will help everyone :)

I use a 0.5% corticoteriod ointment from my doctor, a dermol 200 shower emollient, double base body moisturiser and finally I use simple dermal range facial moisturiser! :)
I get eczema through stress and it comes out all over my arms, chest and stomach and it is horrific looking! But with using all the above and avoiding anything perfumed during a flareup, it's finally settling down (although with constant itching my eczema is scarring arghhh!)

Hope this helps someone :)

A clean sock, or thin peice of cloth filled with uncooked porridge oats and tied up, then dropped in a warm bath helps, fab emollient so soothing :) xxx

Hi,

just wanted to say that I recently have begun suffering with what i thought was eczema/contact dermatitis- since opening my own salon,

went for patch testing and have been confirmed allergic to something called methylisothiazolinone a preservative that they use sneakily in lots of products in the salon and at home, (google it and you'll see the controversy surrounding it at the moment- my doc said 2-3 people a week a re coming through his clinic with this allergy), also allergy to some essential oils and acrylates in Shellac and acrylic and something called linalool a fragrance thats in many of the things we use in the salon too.
Never had any symptoms or allergies to anything before and the doc says its over exposure developed from my career :-(
might be worth going for some allergy tests like me
X

Hi,

just wanted to say that I recently have begun suffering with what i thought was eczema/contact dermatitis- since opening my own salon,

went for patch testing and have been confirmed allergic to something called methylisothiazolinone a preservative that they use sneakily in lots of products in the salon and at home, (google it and you'll see the controversy surrounding it at the moment- my doc said 2-3 people a week a re coming through his clinic with this allergy), also allergy to some essential oils and acrylates in Shellac and acrylic and something called linalool a fragrance thats in many of the things we use in the salon too.
Never had any symptoms or allergies to anything before and the doc says its over exposure developed from my career :-(
might be worth going for some allergy tests like me
X

I am allergic to methylisothiazolinone as well :( it is in so many products!

I have eczema all over and still haven't found out what it is. Doctor didnt seem keen on doing allergy tests. I dont use any products on my body except double base and a wash in the bath from doctors. (When I remember to moisturiser lol) so I cant understand how I have it if products arent setting it off. I quit beauty for about a year and a half so I wasnt using those products but still had the eczema. I keep meaning to drink more water to see if that changes anything but I forget (not a big drinker anyway)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's such a shame that these products that we are using on our clients are causing reactions on our skin.
In our salon we have always used organic products to avoid the preservatives but as other have mentioned it is also the essential oils in some cases :(
I'm doing a few courses in skin care formulation so if I find a recipe that cures it I'll let you all know! :D

My step son suffers really bad with it and has been prescribed all the creams under the sun and his poor little skin is soooo dry. Have you ever tried Elemis skin nourishing milk bath? It contains milk protein which feeds the skin so it's fabulous for eczema, psoriasis etc! I use it in his baths aswell as a direct moisturiser and it's amazing! X

I have suffered all my life, Sulcura make a spray and healing cream which at the moment is working well xx

I have suffered all my life, Sulcura make a spray and healing cream which at the moment is working well xx

I have just received their trial set so testing it out on an area to see how it goes but feels a lot nicer than any moisturiser ive used. No greasy or sticky feeling

I take it this was a scam or whatever since it wasnt shared :s

I have had eczema since I was little the best things i have used is oilatum in the bath. Also elizabeth arden face cream is brilliant its meant for sun burn but I found it works really well for dry eczema.

Latest posts

Back