Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had eczema since I was little the best things i have used is oilatum in the bath. Also elizabeth arden face cream is brilliant its meant for sun burn but I found it works really well for dry eczema.

I find anything in the bath makes mine worse :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

just wanted to say that I recently have begun suffering with what i thought was eczema/contact dermatitis- since opening my own salon,

went for patch testing and have been confirmed allergic to something called methylisothiazolinone a preservative that they use sneakily in lots of products in the salon and at home, (google it and you'll see the controversy surrounding it at the moment- my doc said 2-3 people a week a re coming through his clinic with this allergy), also allergy to some essential oils and acrylates in Shellac and acrylic and something called linalool a fragrance thats in many of the things we use in the salon too.
Never had any symptoms or allergies to anything before and the doc says its over exposure developed from my career :-(
might be worth going for some allergy tests like me
X

How did you get a patch test? Im sick of asking my doctor. The nurse wont send me either. Ive had this nearly 3 years and I cant take it anymore. No one understands. Feel so low and depressed about it

I have atopic eczema and only thing that helped was The Dead Sea. Wee bit drastic maybe as I actually moved to Israel for a few years but my life now in comparison with all those years ago is drastically different. I still have wee flare ups on hands and joints. Wearing nitrile (or any) gloves makes it really flare as do citric fruits and I never touch detergents without rubber gloves (lined with cotton gloves) as anything like that just kills my skin.
I have tried Dead sea products and whilst they're good nothing is as good as the real thing. If you're planning a holiday abroad change your destination to 2 weeks at one of the hotels beside the Sea and just float and slap on mud all day every day.

Wee warning, it is bloody agonising first few days.

I'm just trying the porridge oats in the bath with my daughter, she suffers terribly with her legs and keep using steroid creams everyday so thought I would give it a try, I will let you all know how she gets on, I'm going to bath her everyday with this idea and see if it helps, fingers crossed

I suffer from eczema! And it's a big pain! I've been down all the doctor and hospital routes and found that nothing really helped, it calmed it down but never really tamed it! I then decided to go down the organic route, holland and barrett do this Oliva soap! Which is really good I noticed a difference straight away, itches where still there but now like 6 months on my skin is totally clear and no itchiness! I don't know if that's coincidence, and I know obviously weather comes into factor too and stress! But I definitely think it's helped! And it's only £1.15!!!

Hi,

just wanted to say that I recently have begun suffering with what i thought was eczema/contact dermatitis- since opening my own salon,

went for patch testing and have been confirmed allergic to something called methylisothiazolinone a preservative that they use sneakily in lots of products in the salon and at home, (google it and you'll see the controversy surrounding it at the moment- my doc said 2-3 people a week a re coming through his clinic with this allergy), also allergy to some essential oils and acrylates in Shellac and acrylic and something called linalool a fragrance thats in many of the things we use in the salon too.
Never had any symptoms or allergies to anything before and the doc says its over exposure developed from my career :-(
X

Ive just had my patch tests back and also allergic to MI. Its in nearly everything omg even Decleor. Explains my horrendous blistered hands!

How are you getting on with it now? Ive changed shampoo and handwash and its calming down but apparently once MI has damaged you, you are basically damaged for life. How cheerful!

Everyone with eczema please please go check your bath foam, shower gel, shampoo, baby wipes, cleaning products, washing up liquid. It is EVERYWHERE

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

So its a major trigger? I think my ezcema is linked to my pill. I was off it for a while and my skin cleared then when I went back on it within a week I was itching badly. Have changed nothing so im hoping ive found what's causing it. I am on a new pill so only time will tell

I'm allergic to MI; it's in everything! Nightmare!

I know someone who was badly affected by eczema. Homeopathy transformed them

Hi,

X

Hi I'm a hairdresser and suffering with the same allergic reactions on my skin. What shampoo, shower gel etc are you using? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I sell natural elements skin care products and we have a fantastic range for eczema if you message me I can get you all some free samples out to you so you can try the products

My little girl suffers and just been prescribed 'aveeno' it's a lotion and a bath oil, only been using for 2 days and a massive difference already and it's stopped the itching! X

Ok well if you want to try some samples of the products, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
try washing the area with cetraben then use it as a moisturiser too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back