Eczema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Hi
I have a lady that's interested in getting her nails done. She has really bad eczema/dermatitis, she used to go to the nss and I think she now also has a allergy to product. Is there anything that could go on her nails to add length, but that doesn't need to be taken off with acetone. Is there such a thing as a steamer remover, that you use water in. Tia

I Nails would work.
You use a full nail (not a tip) and stick it on.. then apply your polish or gel.. whatever your using over the top. then it will just pop off in a few weeks instead of placing nails in acetone

I Nails would work.
You use a full nail (not a tip) and stick it on.. then apply your polish or gel.. whatever your using over the top. then it will just pop off in a few weeks instead of placing nails in acetone

This is not good advice at all.
If client has allergy this is not good product. I saw this product video and they say the glue in kit is liquid acrylic but it looks like a gel. It is cured with lamp that is not acrylic. You can not safely apply acrylic or gel to a client with possible allergy until you know what ingredient they allergic to and check your MSDS and contact brand to know your product does not use this ingredient in product.
If client does not have allergy you can use any product but you will have to file remove it instead if you do not Soak. For this it would need lessons to use Efile to make remove time fast as acetone remove.
I Nails It is plastic nail glue with thin layer gel to glue to nail. This is same as many DIY product you can buy at chemist instead of glue with gel. Is not same as acrylic extension or gel extension.

Nailspink you should send client to do allergy test with sample of product she use if you want keep client. Sad is that will be lots work for you to make sure your product does not have ingredient she cant use and maybe buying new product. It maybe true that if she catch allergic to ingredient like polymer she will not be able to use extensions anymore.

Or you could just build a nail, and like this woman said.. file of the nail. I file of nails using an nail drill as it’s much faster.

Hi
I have a lady that's interested in getting her nails done. She has really bad eczema/dermatitis, she used to go to the nss and I think she now also has a allergy to product. Is there anything that could go on her nails to add length, but that doesn't need to be taken off with acetone. Is there such a thing as a steamer remover, that you use water in. Tia

Water steam will not remove acrylic or gel nails or they'd be falling off in the shower

I'll have another chat with her, she was going to the nss, so I haven't done her nails before. I'll see if she will get an allergy test. The reason I asked about the steamer was one client when I was away went to a nss and she insists that they put her hands in this machine, and it was only water and they steamed them off???
Thanks everyone.

I'll have another chat with her, she was going to the nss, so I haven't done her nails before. I'll see if she will get an allergy test. The reason I asked about the steamer was one client when I was away went to a nss and she insists that they put her hands in this machine, and it was only water and they steamed them off???
Thanks everyone.

Its acetone they put in them not water, it creates acetone steam

you really shouldn't be putting any products of any kind on hands with dermatitis (eczema is dermatitis) the client will already have an overactive immune system and any chemicals can cause a myriad of other issues. STEER CLEAR

So I have really bad Eczema / Dermatitis on my hands and I do my nails all the time, so it's fine in most cases you just need to be extra careful with products.

If the skin is broken near the nail and you can see it's open, steer clear. A lot of my skin breaks but nearer the nuckle so actually is fine around the nail. Don't get me wrong when I drip a bit of dehydrator down my finger it kills, but that's me doing my own nails. You'd need to make sure you don't over load your wipe with liquids to avoid it.

I use acrylic and then a gel polish. The product isn't going on the skin so it's fine.
The rebalance is where I have issues as the dust drys out my skin even more and can get really sore. So last week I put on some nytrol gloves and cut out the fingertips to ensure as little dust got on my hands and it worked a treat.

As I say, if anything is too close to the nail, side walls, finger tips you probably do need to avoid until the cracked skin is healed as if it's open it and can cause too make flare ups and infections.

The other thing is to make sure it's actually not an allergic reaction to the product that had been used. Sometimes the symptoms can look similar so always best getting a Dr to confirm for the client. You then at least know where you stand too.

I would also assume, that you won't be using the same product as an nss salon so that should hopefully solve the issue, depending on what the possible reaction was too.

Then when it comes to the end, ask whether they're ok with any oils or creams. I'm ok with the oil but not the cream!

Good luck

Excellent advice from the above replies.
What you do on yourself is entirely permissable, and occasionally we do have to decline a new client. Sad as it is their health is paramount.
However a final trial could be cuccio's "peel it " A pre base product that is just that. You can peel off after 2 weeks as it forms a layer thick enough to be able to lift off from the nail.
ASP also have it too.
The client does have to be one of those very careful ones that is not a picker, in hot water for ages, or likes swimming for hours on end!
Because she has eczema i doubt that would be part of her normal day anyway.
I would trial 1 nail as a safety precaution and take it from there.
Keep the peel it away from the side wall obviously and it dries by the time you have applied it to the other 10 nails. Takes a bit of practise as it must go on fast enough to not get stringy, to complete a smooth covering in one go.
Hope that makes sense, and that cuccio is available to you.
RosieR

Ikon.iQ Nails products are hypoallergenic. I've got a few ladies wearing it now who had given up on gel nails because of allergies. They have zero reaction to it.

Latest posts

Back