Edge tip & dip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site :) We currently use the edge tip & dip acrylic stystem in my salon but I am finding most people are lifting almost straight away. Does anybody reccomend a better system? Leanne Xx

I don't use tip and dip myself but I do know that BackScratchers Extreme has a good reputation.

Could the lifting problems be to do with insufficient prep?

I took the course when i first started out in the nail industry. i had alot of lifting due to two problems. first of all on the course we wasnt really taught how to prep the nail properly and suffiently - we also wasnt taught the importance of thorough prep. second problem was if you are not very precise with the resin and go too near the skin it causes lifting. after much frustration and lots of reading i eventually overcame those problems.

these days i never use the system though as i much prefer liquid and powder for many reasons. i also no longer use the edge products i converted over to Ezflow.

hth,
Jodie x

I can't speak for the brand, as I'm unfamiliar with it.
However, as said, poor prep can lead to many problems.

Another issue is getting product too close to the sidewalls & eponychium, and that will lead to lift too.

As I said, I'm unfamililar with the system BUT one trick I learned with my own brand is to be careful with the resin.
It "spreads"
So don't apply it as you would polish. Leave a wider margin and see how far it spreads. Learn your product's "margins" if that makes sense?
You can always add a little more if you're not close enough.
But once you have too much and it's flooding the eponychium and sidewalls, it's too late.
ALSO, if you are frequently repeating this mistake, it can lead to overexposure and sensitivity to the product for the client.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I should video a tut of my system? If enough people are interested, I'll do it. (I'll include building an apex as well)

Another issue is getting product too close to the sidewalls & eponychium, and that will lead to lift too.

As I said, I'm unfamililar with the system BUT one trick I learned with my own brand is to be careful with the resin.
It "spreads"
So don't apply it as you would polish. Leave a wider margin and see how far it spreads. Learn your product's "margins" if that makes sense?
But once you have too much and it's flooding the eponychium and sidewalls, it's too late.
ALSO, if you are frequently repeating this mistake, it can lead to overexposure and sensitivity to the product for the client.

Hope this helps.

Maybe I should video a tut of my system? If enough people are interested, I'll do it. (I'll include building an apex as well)

you are the queen of the tip and dip system! when i was having problems i searched for tip and dip and learned my mistakes from your previous posts!

Jodie xx

you are the queen of the tip and dip system! when i was having problems i searched for tip and dip and learned my mistakes from your previous posts!

Jodie xx

You're a sweetie xoxo
Thanks! Glad to know that I helped you out:hug:

You're a sweetie xoxo
Thanks! Glad to know that I helped you out:hug:

you help me too alot, and when we will be having your video? oups I think that my sentence is not in a good english sorry...

I too had problems with The Edge although I didn't do tip and dip. I emailed them and they replied claiming that no-one? had a problem but have seen various posts on this site regarding immediate lifting with The Edge system. I must admit to buying CND from ebay but only to practice with and found a huge improvement. I am currently focusing on my gel nails just now until I can afford the CND course.:rolleyes:

It "spreads"

Hope this helps.

Hi VHunter,
I also recently started with tip-n-dip from Revel.
The only nail option left for me since i became extremely allergic to gel and regular acrylic...
I was wondering, are the acrylic colour powders the same as the dip powders? Can you also use them in this system?
(Acrylic powders are easier to find, the brand i use has extreme high shipping costs to belgium...)

Thanks for all the tips!!

Hi Greetje ,

That poster has not been on the site since 2014 but hopefully someone else will come along who can help you
x

Thanks! I hadn't noticed
I hope someone can help?
X

Latest posts

Back