Educating NSS clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeYourBestYou

Reaction score
Hi lovelies. I’m just wondering how you all approach educating hardcore NSS clients that your nails are worth the change and, in some cases, the extra money.
Obviously WE know the reasons but it seems to me that a) they rarely give a monkeys if their nails are chewed up as long as they come out with a decent set of nails and cheap too, and b) telling them how a nail apex helps strengthen the nails falls on deaf ears when wild horses couldn’t yank off their extensions anyway! [emoji31]
What has worked for you?

If they are hardcore NSS I wouldn’t try to educate them as they probably already know.
My clients that have been to them in the past have come to me because they had a bad experience or friends have persuaded them to stop going

Last edited:
I would ask them to ask the nail bar they go to, to show them their certificates and explain what products they are using. If they can - great! - If they cant.... just let your friends find out for themselves.

Sometimes people only learn when it physically hurts them or someone they know. If its quick and cheap and you suffer no ill effects, why would you stop? We never expect anything bad will happen to us, which is why people still drink, smoke, eat fatty foods etc. We are constantly educated on the potential ill effects of loads of things, yet we continue to do it.

I don't use nails but I'm just interested, can you tell me, what is NSS please. X

I don't use nails but I'm just interested, can you tell me, what is NSS please. X

Hi! NSS stands for Non Standard Salon. This is basically any salon that doesn’t follow practices that are generally felt to be “best practice” within the beauty industry. So this can range from the nail techs not having a recognised qualification/insurance, not practising acceptable hygiene, using damaging methods to prep nails or using chemicals that most salons would not use due to known risk factors. They may also not provide a healthy working environment for their workers.
This is how they can provide services at very cheap prices which can be very attractive to their customers, but the customers may not be fully aware of the risks they are taking.

Ah, ok, thanks

Latest posts

Back