Educating the PUBLIC.. Got carried away..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I was looking at this website and saw all these testimonials about how great this product is, so I wanted to check it out and see what ingredients they actually use.. So I went to see about getting a sample.. Then they had a little area, how its great for nails salons to retail as it will help their clients with the nail damage problems from 'acrylic nails.' So I know how we all feel about that, and it just added to that load, that we caring nail techs deal with.. So danget I wanted it changed!! lol :smack:

I think in ways like this, research and just flat out trying to make a change in the oddest ways, can really make a difference.. That website is traveled by many, don't just read and get mad, read and fight for a change!!!

What are some ways you have been fighting for our good name?

So as fallows, our correspondence..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TO: NailBirth.com

First of all acrylic (liquid & powder enhancements) nails don't cause thin brittle nails, bad careless nail techs do, as well as careless clients whom remove their nails by ripping them off.. Acrylic has no effect on the strength of the natural nail, so if you don't want to make a bunch of nail techs upset for saying so.. You might want to change that.. Why would you try to sell something to a nail tech when you down them at the same time

Anyway, I am a nail technician, and work at a realestate office.. I would like to try a sample for my salon.. Please send it to the address below.. Thanks!

Jeannie "Jaylee" Stovall
Office Manager

CENTURY 21 The Summit, Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Jeannie Lee;

Our brief discussion of acrylic nails was general and did not point any fingers at any party as the cause. But over the several years that we've been in business, we have heard over and over from the customer how her nails were ruined by acrylics. I am not downing anyone......I just calls em as I sees em!

BTW, every testimonial on our website is presented just as received by us. We'll send you a few samples to try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI: Acrylic has no bad effect on natural nails.. Nail technicians who use vigorous filing techniques or use an illegal product called MMA do. MMA has been deemed hazardous by the FDA and illegal is most states.. But is very cheap and that is why a lot of salons in the whole World still try to get away with it.. It also adheres an extreme amount to the natural nail.. And are almost impossible to break, but when broken can cause their natural nail to break with it.. In lab studies it has proven to cause physical problems as well..

Good nail techs like me, that don't cause damage to their clients, are fighting for our names.. We know that acrylic nails don't damage, bad nail techs do as well as clients ripping them off.. We want to inform our public, and clients about the hazard of MMA and bad nail techs, so that they may have a good chance of finding a well educated nail tech that won't cause damage..

So if I might be able to sway you to state something about Careless nail techs, so they know they need to be choosey about who they see. And the bad results of an illegal nail product called MMA.. You might make a lot of people happy, and most likely sell to more salons for the fact that you know what your talking about and they might trust your product.. Just an idea.. And note we will read and research every single ingredient in that product..

Like I said, I strive to inform the public and my clients.. I hope I don't offend you..

Thanks

Jeannie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No offense in the slightest, Jeannie! In fact I admire you trying to set straight the facts. In the next few days to a week, we will go back and try to restate what we wrote.....above all, we want to be factual!

Cindy

Good on you hun, sounds like you may have made them sit up and think about a few things 10/10 :biggrin:

Good on you hun, sounds like you may have made them sit up and think about a few things 10/10 :biggrin:

Thanks! I hope so.. lol

bravo, it seems you have made an impact. There is an entire market of nail products to help one "recever from acrylics" and it just re-inforces the idea that they damage the nail.

I think the opinion will change eventually. There was a time (not long ago ) when coloring your hair or having texture services was equated with guaranteed damage. Of course if you lighten your hair at home you can damage it, but I think the public is much more comfortable with color services than ever before.
I think nail enhancements will become accepted too.

bravo, it seems you have made an impact. There is an entire market of nail products to help one "recever from acrylics" and it just re-inforces the idea that they damage the nail.

I think the opinion will change eventually. There was a time (not long ago ) when coloring your hair or having texture services was equated with guaranteed damage. Of course if you lighten your hair at home you can damage it, but I think the public is much more comfortable with color services than ever before.
I think nail enhancements will become accepted too.

And the funny thing is, is if a person gets their hair fried by a hair stylist, they know they got a bad Hair Sylist.. But as far as nails go, they just think L&P is BAAADDDDD, but I agree eventually people will just get the idea that they got a bad Nail Sylist!! TADA!!:idea:

well done, a victory for our cause.!

Latest posts

Back