education

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyfit

Reaction score
i am in favour of education but i live in between durham and newcastle and have difficulty in
a finding courses that are up here (or maybe looking in the wrong place)
b courses that dont run over 3-4 days as i only have childcare 1/2 days
c the cost is alot to pay at once as i am new and still building a clientbase up (instalments would be good!!! LOL )

i know education pays and you have to pay for the best but can someone guide me as there are so many options !!!!!!!!!

thanks Eileen
Funky Fit Nails

have u a local college , you could do a part time nvq also most colleges have nurserys etc for little ones and its normally about 3 hours a week xx plus some colleges u can pay instalements for the course xx

funkyfit said:
i am in favour of education but i live in between durham and newcastle and have difficulty in
a finding courses that are up here (or maybe looking in the wrong place)
b courses that dont run over 3-4 days as i only have childcare 1/2 days
c the cost is alot to pay at once as i am new and still building a clientbase up (instalments would be good!!! LOL )

i know education pays and you have to pay for the best but can someone guide me as there are so many options !!!!!!!!!

thanks Eileen
Funky Fit Nails
Hi Eileen: you havent filled in your profile so can you give us a bit more info on what you've done, training-wise, so far so that people can help to steer you in the right direction for your needs.

thanks emma
i did an evening course at newcastle college which was great. the woman who taught it was creative trained. i practise on a nail trainer ( probably not as much as i should) but i would really love one to one or a full day just fitting tips and overlaying ( i think learning to do sculpturing would be fantastic but maybe a long way off !!!!!!!!!!)

i will check it out again for nvq as mine is vctc

thanks eileen

Hi Funky Fit - welcome to the site, but like carole says dont be shy with the info on your profile on your training and aspirations etc it helps anyone give advice if they can...

Training doesnt come cheap i have found but you pay for what you get there

I know of a good independent training centre in Hulll called Waterside Academy who train you with the product you are using ie if you need to learn about treating nail bitters they can help, or if you need to learn sculpting etc.....other than that you need to do some research which might take a while but you will find most of the info on this site - try using the search key and looking under site stuff' and industry links...hope this helps you

Ring and speak to a Creative Nail Academy Advisor. 0113 275 5719

Wendy Leighton is the Creative Ambassdor in Newcastle and will arrange 121 with you. Great sculptor too!

geeg said:
Wendy Leighton is the Creative Ambassdor in Newcastle and will arrange 121 with you. Great sculptor too!
ill second that geeg - she is FAB - im doing my masters with her and she is SOOOO GOOD AT TEACHING. i didnt think i could learn so much in so little time and its all thanks to wendy

Latest posts

Back