EE infilling someone elses work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Iv just had a phone call from someone who found me via my website (yay) saying she wanted Semi Perm Eyelash Extensions, after a bit of confusion it turns out she had her lashes done last week and alot of them have fallen out. I told her that yes I could infill them but depending on how many were left depends on whether a half set was needed. She said she just wanted to pay my infill price as she had only paid out last week. I said no problem I would do her an infill at infill price but it may not be as full as she would like, I insisted that she come for a patch test tonight.

Im just wondering if there is any reason I shouldnt be doing someone elses infills? Cant think of any but Im on a high that someone called via my website lol xx

Yay at getting a call from your website :)

Nothing wrong with filling someone elses work if they have been applied well, but if she has lost a lot of them in a week then she may lose the rest after you are finished and then blame you (even though it could be the previous work). Just something to think about xxx
At least you will get a good look at them tonight when she comes over and you can assess things.
Why hasn't she gone back to the person who did the initial set? If it is because she isn't happy with how they are lasting then that could be a problem for you and you may be better removing and starting from scratch.

I'm sure others will come along with some ideas for you xxx

Heya

I do infills on other technician's work, I must admit I don't like to unless the quality of work is above average. If it's been a bad application I spend most of my time having to work around the 'stickies', taking out extensions hanging on by a thread and and cutting out glue blobs in lashes ...

Clients are usually happy to have their lashes rescued though!

Good luck!!
Francesca

Thanks ladies, Im going to have a good ole look when she comes for her consultation/patch test tonight, I will be able to have a better idea what Im dealing with then, I will also go over all the aftercare with her and find out if she did anything wrong or if it was just bad application :eek:

I will let you know my findings lol

I just wanted to check that there wasnt an ethical (not sure thats the right word but ykwim) reason as to why I shouldnt do someone elses infills !!!!!!! I will also find out why she doesnt want to go back to the original lasher!!!

sorry to take over your thread but how much do you charge for your infills?:)

Yay! Go you on the website booking! :)
Funny you should bring this up as I had the same kind of call a few weeks back.
I did do them but explained to the lady that I'd have to see them first to see whether theyd need to come off or if just infilling would be ok.
Anyhoo, she came to her appt and the lashes were in good nick, so I did infills.
However, a week later she called asking to book back in as she had lost a few and was looking gappy in places.
When she turned up the gappy places were where the older lashes had shed, so I explained this to her & charged for the time, she was perfectly happy.
So just be safe & point it out to your client. Don't leave yourself any chance of getting 'bitten' for someone elses work! :)

Hi Chazzybabe, I charge £20 for my infills with the proviso that if the length in time between infills is too long they may need a half set. I know lots of other lashers have a time system which is good aswell.

Well ladies she came early :eek: and literally had no lashes on :eek: they were just falling off.

I really dont know what was going on as they were as clean as a whistle, no excess glue. She is aware of the aftercare and didnt get them wet for 48 hours, unfortunately they were very straight and hanging over her eyes and she said she was going to get a lash curler to them (I know I can hear you all hitting the floor in dead faints) I tried not to scream at her, but advised her in a calm way that she shouldnt do that!!!!!

Apparently Im very well spoken :lol::lol: I asked her if I wasnt meant to be and she said something about Essex!!!!!! I was dragged up well was my reply :lol:

Oh and the reason she didnt go back to the original lasher is because she was embarrassed and didnt know what to say to her, I tried to explain to her that if it was me I really would like the opportunity to rectify the problem, she just said that what could the original lasher do - I tried!!!

Anyway, I will be saying alot of prayers before her appoint tomorrow afternoon and will let you all know how it goes :hug:

Last edited:
Hey geeks, just finished the appointment. I have no idea what had happened to her lashes, I decided to take off the remaining lashes and start again with a half set (she didnt want to pay out again!!!!) the remaining lashes literally fell off, I just picked them off her lashes, and i dont mean like a normal infill where you peel the lash, it was just picking them off :confused: She had very sparse lashes and shortish lashes so i put an 11 on with a few of 9 at the inside (not too many as didnt want to emphasise the slant of her eye) they adhered fine so Im really hoping they will stay on!!! I have told her that if she has any problems she needs to come back to me as it is my reputation at stake :lol: Shes off on hols soon so I may not see her til March if at all again :lol: Thanks for all your help, take care and happy lashing

PS I hate stopping at a half set, feels soooo unfinished :lol:

Latest posts

Back