eeeek i think somethings gonna go wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sequinto

Reaction score
Just done my first proper overlay on natural nail. :biggrin: Nails had a nice lenghth to them done every thing i would normally do prep wise, :) on applying white in zone1 i pressed down wiped over edge of free edge (hope that is correct) but it seemed to go a bit transparant right at the edge of the free edge :( (does this make sense) am not sure if it wrapped around natural nail but i think i done what i was supposed to do. If client gets curling or white coming away from free edge have i done it wrong?

Hey hun was this l&p ?

I have a client (was tonight but now tomorrow) who wants her extensions removed and to have an overlay on her nails as now quite long - hey get this, she was gonna go back to where they had done them but all they would offer to do is cut off the extensions, AND, cut right back her natural nail and apply extensions again !

so to get to my point !!!! im doing my FIRST natural nail overlay tomorrow with l&p and im really nervous about it.

Ive been reading past threads till i cant type or read any more, and Fiona - Natural Nails has given me some advice too, its the capping i think im worried about more than anythign as worried i may go too thick trying to cap etc etc,

We will both soon see eh !! you sound like me worrying before anything has actually happened

Intereseted to see how the client / you get on with these

best wishes

kx

sequinto said:
Just done my first proper overlay on natural nail. :biggrin: Nails had a nice lenghth to them done every thing i would normally do prep wise, :) on applying white in zone1 i pressed down wiped over edge of free edge (hope that is correct) but it seemed to go a bit transparant right at the edge of the free edge :( (does this make sense) am not sure if it wrapped around natural nail but i think i done what i was supposed to do. If client gets curling or white coming away from free edge have i done it wrong?

I had the same problem with L&P when doing a natural overlay. I find you do have to do it a little thicker on the sides or it does tend to lift when the natural nail flexes. You just have to let the L&P curl under the free edge when you stroke your brush down the length of the nail to get it nice and smooth.

Allow it to go over the free edge and smooth it with your brush. Then make sure when you file the nail to smooth it down don't file alot of the edge otherwise you will take off the capping.

Hope this helps. Like with everything its trial and error, i have an aunt who i do natural overlays on and she lets me try allsorts on her, but i definately found if i kept it too thin on the sides it would chip and flake where the natural nail bends slightley.

So ok then i know i've done it wrong i done everything talented talons has said but so i did not get a thick edge i removed it all fron under the free edge before it dried like i would if i had used tips

Latest posts

Back