EEK! First PROPER clients and so nervous!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
OK so tomorrow I have my first proper real clients at my beauty room.
I have done a few clients mobile but these are the first ones at my new room.
They are both Living Social offers and related. The thing is in my haste to get the offer sorted I forgot to mention it was women only so my first 2 clients are men! Im not sure if this may be better confidence wise or not?!

Anyways I'm a little worried as I'm doing 2 facials back to back.
On one hand im thinking, ok so it's a facial, if needs be can shorten the massage if my timing goes out.
On the other hand thinking eek I hope one doesn't just sit in reception whilst I do the other as by the time I have added on consultation, getting changed etc they will be waiting a while!

How long would normally take to do 2 facials incl the cleaning up/consult/changing time (60 min facial treatment).

Also my BF said what if they want to rebook? Should I take the bookings or explain that I only treat ladies?

I wish it was a bit later too as it's quite early in the morning so I know that tomorrow I will be rushing round all flustered!

Hope this helps a bit:

*Safety first: if you have any doubts about 2 guys being there together have your BF show them in and maybe make refreshments.*

If they arrive together, give client 1 consultation form to fill in, while you have a chat with 2.
Make 2 a hot drink and put on radio/music, give reading material, or better still info on any products you retail.
Take 1 into room, do verbal consultation with ref to form, do (if this your routine) double cleanse, exfoliation, massage. Apply mask and make sure client is (a) happy with feeling of product on skin,(b)warm and comfortable (c) happy to be left to snooze.
Go out to 2, talk him through consultation, explain facial process, promote retail.
Go back to 1 and complete tone/ moisturise.
Swap clients.
While 2 gets ready, get water or drink for 1 and he'll be so chilled he'll be happy to sit and read/doze while you do facial for 2.
Talk to both in waiting room and encourage them to talk about positive responses to your treatment. Encourage re-booking.
Then breathe.
Get your stuff, and maybe order on a card ready tonight.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Safety wise I'm above a hairdressers so will have plenty of people nearby.

The one thing I hadn't thought of was doing the 2nd consultation whilst the masque is on. Althoughi it's an Eve Taylor facial which means I'll be doing a massage or exfo on the hands or feet whilst masque is on BOOOO!

But suppose I can do a quick consultation with 2 whilst 1 is getting dressed. When 1 comes down take 2 up, whilst he gets ready do aftercare with 1 and get drink. Then go do 2nd treatment.

Or do you think I should aftercare with them together maybe?

I have my uniform all ready. Got cue card at the room. Will be getting there early to set up, it's quite a small room so only have what I need out on my trolley so will arrive early to make sure it's all ready to go and have fresh towels / couch roll to hand.

Ooh im so nervous but excited too! I'll probably feel sick tomorrow though lol!

I'd do the aftercare separately (maybe 2 in room), so that they both feel special, plus they may have skin issues they prefer to discuss 1:1, but if you're retailing perhaps do it together, as they may encourage each other! x

I'd do the aftercare separately (maybe 2 in room), so that they both feel special, plus they may have skin issues they prefer to discuss 1:1, but if you're retailing perhaps do it together, as they may encourage each other! x

Ok have wrote a list so I won't forget anything :) I'm not retailing yet as new and funds won't allow :-(

I'm sure I'll be posting on here tomorrow, either ecstatically happy or in tears lol! x

Latest posts

Back