eek opening 9th aug!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just out

Reaction score
hi guys

im opening my new beauty salon 1 wk tday:eek: im really nervous and xcited at the same time.just looking for any advice on a holding a great open day,ive gt plans for wine for every customer that comes thru the door handing out goodie bags with samples of the brands that ill be using like celeb secrets facial tanning towels opi nail laquer remover matis moisturisers and cleansers, also a free raffle to gain an instant mailing list and ov crse a price list, we will be doing no treatments on the day just advising on the products we have and how they will benefit the client etc can any u geeks out there give me anymore advice for the open day or do you think thats all ill need to do on the day its the 1st time iv opened new salon along with my partner after becoming qualified in opi hand and foot treatments incl enhancemnts.
thanx
joanne:)

Last edited:
Hi Joanne

Wow, you must be so excited, I hope it all goes well for you! The ideas you have are great, you could also maybe hold some sort of competition, or something along those lines where the visitors can fill in their details and you then have a ready-made mailing list.......... HTH

thanx i forgot to put dwn im holding a free raffle aswell for every person that comes in they do have to fill out their details and that was so i can have an instant mailing list for the furture x iv just edited my previous post
joanne:)

sounds like you have got it all sorted.

make sure you have plenty of treatment menus to hand out, give them straight away and invite them to look at them and ask questions about any of the treatments.

have your appointment book open.

bestus smile and away you go.

co-ordinated balloons outside always catch the eye of passersby.

I note you say you're not doing any treatments, but whenever I've done these kind of things it's nice to have some sort of free tasters available. Even if it's just a hand scrub & massage, it gives a chance to demonstrate the products & skills of the therapist(s), as well as helping to initiate a client/therapist bond (it's amazing how easy it is to turn that into a booking for a manicure). Just a thought!

Hope it all goes well for you - I was likewise nervous when I opened mine, even though I had 6 years of existing clients, it's always a bit overwhelming!

I definitely agree with martin. Taster treatments will get them through the door and give clients an idea of the standard of treatment available, professionalism,hygiene etc. Good Luck!!!!

thanx ill offer free scrub and arm massage to give them an idea of the product and service we will be offering thanx again much appreciated xx

why not have samples for them to try, give them a blob of handcream or something like that?

im handing out goodie bags with the free samples in for them to try at home x

get someone to stand outside with a bottle of moisturiser and get them to give passers by a squirt of it together with a menu.

hope all goes well for you hun:hug:

i dont have any advise for you hun as ill be opening myself at the end of the month for the very first time, so hopefully you can give me some ideas next week! Just wanted to wish you loads of luck, you'll be fab.
xXx :hug:

Congratulations and well done on your venture :biggrin:

Good luck with your opening and let us know how it goes!

xx

Dont forget about the none alcohol drinkers too.

What I would do is offer some form of incentive for those that book treatments on your day like a treatment upgrade or 2 for the price of one or buy one get one half price etc.

Good luck!

Thanx everyone for the gr8 advice ill let u all know sat night how it went, eeeeeeeeee im gting xcited 5 days t go now speak soon thanx again xxxxxxx:):):)

Good luck!! Its so exciting and you will do fine!! we had a chocolate fountain with marshmallows and strawberries! that went down a treat xxx

Are us geeks invited? dont worry im not compeition i moving MILES away.

I still love a good treatment myself, actually really need a pedicure!:green:

Have you thought about getting some vouchers done? keep the date within a couple of weeks. Maybe invite the local press along and let them have a treatment on the day.
Be careful not to give too much away though, keep the free samples to a minimum but you could offer half price treatments all week...........good luck!! (and dont forget to keep a botle or 2 backfor saturday night)

Hi,

A few months ago my friend opened her own beauty salon and on her opening day along with all the usual offers, she sold treatments where half the treatment fee went to an animal welfare charity if they booked and payed on that day. This seemed to go down really well and she has had lots of repeat business.

Just a different idea from the usual I thought.

Good luck and I hope it all goes really well.

xxx

Latest posts

Back